Buffalo Shooter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:28
So yet another mass shooting in Texas. 21 dead including 19 children and 2 adults.

As usual, the politicians make appropriate noises just for show. The NRA are too powerful to be affected. I suppose that Americans love killing things so these events will never end. There are an estimated 450 million guns at large in the USA, with around 300 million people. Its a bit like holding back a broken dam with a bucket, no hope. Killing is a way of life for Americans, enjoy it, then feign disgust and carry on regardless.
Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:28
And the perpetual ******* has been lured out of hibernation yet again to bore us with his never ending diatribe. How sad it must be that the only thing that seems to cheer him up is tragic events that assure him that others have it worse than him.

Hopefully this wont last long...

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:28
Col, I understand your statement. It seems to you that the USA is somehow broken, and you could be right. But how quickly we forget a little bit of reality about the wonderful (?) creature that is Man. When we want something, we will move Heaven, Hell, and large portions of Earth to get it.

In 1918 the USA passed an amendment to our Constitution that prohibited manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages. That lasted maybe three years and some months before it got repealed. In the interim, "speak-easy" bars sprang up in basements.

We have had a "war on drugs" for 20+ years, but that stuff flows into the country worse now than they have in years. We just learned of another drug tunnel under the USA border from Mexico. A recent boatload of refugees set adrift by a storm in the Caribbean turned out to be smuggling more than people because the US Coast Guard found three different kinds of drugs in the boat as well.

We long ago outlawed marijuana but it looks like that prohibition is going away. It is sold openly in some shops in several states. Some states are legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Some have even passed it for recreation.

People are trying to prevent abortions, forgetting their history. Before Roe v. Wade decision tried to unify the law on that topic, it was in the realm of States' Rights. Some states had outlawed abortions - but they were still performed. Despite many societal admonitions against it, it is still possible to procure an abortion.

History is literally strewn with failed good intentions to curb what someone thinks is bad behavior. The point I'm trying to make is that individuals get what they want, law be damned, and if they want it bad enough, cost be damned. When Man becomes determined, no barrier will withstand for long. Man will find a way.

Taking guns away from people is not the solution it would initially seem to be. Because what you would do is take guns away from law-abiding people. The ones who don't care about a particular law would still have them, but the honest people would suddenly be helpless. Do you want to ask someone from the Ukraine about civilian gun control right now? Yes, it is an extreme case - but a perfect example of why you need to have an armed populous.

From what I understand, MOST of the gun violence in schools isn't perpetrated by a band of foreign terrorists seeking to make some political statement. It is the result of rage caused by bullying and ostracism that creates disaffected children. We don't have good tools to give us insight in how to help kids get socially adjusted. The Uvalde, Texas shooter rather obviously had a lot of rage and acted on it. The officers who finally stopped him had to do so lethally, so we cannot ask him why he did it. From what we have heard on our USA-based news shows, the young man was over 18 and had not drawn any attention to himself with respect to law enforcement. The time to do something about his rage was years ago, but we don't have ways to recognize that rage when it starts to manifest.

I'm sad that for the Buffalo, New York shooter, there was an interval of about 30 minutes between the time he online-posted his statement of intent and when he actually carried out his rampage. Too many people should have seen that and notified police. They could have had a unit there BEFORE the event. The Uvalde shooter was different in that the school district had armed officers on campus but they got shot first before he entered the school. But the whole incident lasted about 4 minutes according to the report given by a Texas law enforcement official. As bad as it was, if there had been a slower response, just ask yourself how many more would have died? I hate to think of the need to "armor" a school, but that might be what it takes.

Why does it keep happening? Because too many folks worry about whether we used the most humane way to treat the miscreant. I'm not a fan of summary execution, but if you are a cop responding to an "Officer needs assistance" call and you are under fire from automatic weapons, I'm not sure if you would have the time or the patience to switch to non-lethal rounds. We are hearing calls to take away guns, to take away drugs, to do all sorts of things - none of which have worked long-term in the past. How about trying to find the causative factors and address them rather than just having to shoot some angry kid every time?

Col, I hear you. I hope you can hear me. People have been killing other people ever since the invention of weapons by Unngh the caveman. Let's see if we can figure out why the killing persists and address THAT problem. The Uvalde shooting wasn't racist because many of the kids and the shooter were of the same general Hispanic ethnicity. I doubt it was political because elementary-school kids aren't usually political. It doesn't look like a personal revenge action though it might be an act of societal revenge. Too many chances for speculation right now, so let's just say we haven't figured out this one yet. Let's just hope we can learn something useful from it.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
NG, Col is a person too. If the Uvalde shooter went into uncontrollable rage for being dismissed as a person who didn't matter, why would I want to treat someone else that way? Even if I don't think Col will grab a shotgun and go off his nut and onto a killing spree. We don't know that it was bullying that did this, but we know for a fact from several of the other shootings that it definitely WAS due to bullying.

But more important, the question he asked is one WE have asked ourselves many times following such a tragedy. In that case, the question is important enough for others to recognize that there is a lot more depth behind it and a lot more agony than would seem to be present to our overseas members. I don't care WHO asks a worthy question. If it is worthy of an answer, I will offer one viewpoint to further a dialog.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
He doesn't really care, he just uses any excuse to pause his miserable life and spew his crap. He is a GOOD argument for abortion...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
And the perpetual wanker has been lured out of hibernation yet again to bore us with his never ending diatribe. How sad it must be that the only thing that seems to cheer him up is tragic events that assure him that others have it worse than him.

Hopefully this wont last long...
Thank you to you and your filthy mouth, again directed at another member.
Your love of killing living things is headline news on most UK TV channels. All I'm saying that is is too late to stop this ongoing carnage. Yes, it happens in the UK occasionally and it happens in Europe too, I don't deny it, but it is nowhere near the regularity of the USA.you have to admit that nothing will be done and the USA has 19 less children today. Obviously not enough for you to show any compassion, but I suspect you smile when someone is killed by your beloved guns. Land of the free, god bless America.
Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Mod edit: Too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
He doesn't really care, he just uses any excuse to pause his miserable life and spew his crap. He is a GOOD argument for abortion...
You know nothing. I'd be interested if you could indicate where I am 'spewing crap', although I doubt you have the nerve, unless you resort to foul language, again showing your limited intelligence.
Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'd be interested if you could indicate where I am 'spewing crap'
Complete and utter waste of time on the likes of you. It is obvious to the most casual observer which explains why no one has come to your aid. Truth be told they are waiting for your latest bout of bitching to die out so that you crawl back into whatever miserable hole you came out of.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Obviously not enough for you to show any compassion, but I suspect you smile when someone is killed by your beloved guns. Land of the free, god bless America.

That statement is about as bad as what NG directed towards you, Col. Your complaint has been noted, but your frequent use of derogatory slang directed to other persons of notoriety tends to offset the severity of your own complaint based on the theory of "what goes around comes around."
Nevertheless, to all parties involved in this discussion, please be mindful that as gentlefolk, we should at least TRY to show at least a modicum of respect for others.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
As much as you are right, I've had about all I can stand from this guy and I will confront him with "filth" as he puts it since it seems to be the only thing that makes him go away.

I realize it puts you mods in a bad spot but I will take the punishment with no hard feelings if I know that I have gotten under his skin. Too easy...almost effortless

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I would love to stay and argue with you. But unlike you I have a life. Your filthy mouth has nothing to do with me not posting for a couple of weeks, in fact I find your language pretty tame, but it gives me a smile so thanks for that. Here's a tip, try different words, your continued use of the 'w' word is so boring. If you need help, I'm happy to teach you.

Doc, I know I have been a bit sharp to the gold digger, but believe me, its nothing compared to what the British press say about her. She is universally hated in the UK. Why do you think she ran back to the USA with her tail between her legs?
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@NauticalGent you can block anyone you do not wish to engage with. You don't need to stifle them. You can make them invisible.
It is sometimes amusing to read threads like this and know you are not seeing some of the responses:)

People have made a lot of comments this time regarding causation, even some talking heads like Tucker. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. We, as a society need to get better at recognizing these problems as they develop AND we need to understand how "social" media and lack of human engagement fosters it. The question is, can anyone make the public talk about this with the left chanting "take the guns is the solution" 24/7? I don't think so since it will be flagged as fake news to suppress it although the real fake news of "taking the all the guns will stop the mass attacks" lives on. It's too bad there is no way to conduct an experiment. Take ALL the guns so no one has a gun, including the military, and check how long it takes before the people intent on killing find more creative and deadly methods. I can think of several easy ones but I won't mention them in case some crazy reads this and it gives him an idea. I still feel like I am personally responsible for the 2020 election being stolen because early that year, I described to two non-technical people exactly how to do it and it happened. At least the truth of that fiasco is finally seeing the light of day.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
@NauticalGent you can block anyone you do not wish to engage with. You don't need to stifle them. You can make them invisible.
It is sometimes amusing to read threads like this and know you are not seeing some of the responses:)
Tried that, it's more fun to piss him off - he reported me - now that is RICH coming from him.

Sad part is even if it would work again, I have been somewhat warned so play-time is over.

I really don't care what that jerk or anyone else has to say, I just really enjoyed getting under his skin...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:28
If gun laws worked California, New York, and Chicago would be the safest places to live. All three are run by liberal anti second amendment types.

Enforce the dumb laws that exist and stop creating more laws that won't be enforced.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
If gun laws worked California, New York, and Chicago would be the safest places to live. All three are run by liberal anti second amendment types.

Enforce the dumb laws that exist and stop creating more laws that won't be enforced.
I live in a Chicago suburb. Chicago is now a cesspool and hubby and I won't go into the city anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom