Built-in Search Function with Combobox (1 Viewer)

qwerty99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:42
I have a combobox on a form that lets the user select a business name which then populates the rest of the fields in the form appropriately. But when it does this it makes it so that the seach function at the bottom of the screen no longer works, as it only has the selected record as an option. So before selecting a name from the drop down list at the bottom of the screen is says "Record: 1 of 5" but after selecting the name it become "Record: 1 of 1." Is there anyway to still allow the built-in search function to work alongside using a combobox?

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:42
I believe that the combo box in question is filtering the form. If you are in Access 2007, then the "Filtered" down at the bottom glows orange. You can toggle that by pressing the "Filtered" button on the navigation bar.

qwerty99

Registered User.
Local time
After using the combobox it still says "No Filter" next to the search field at the bottom. Is that what you're saying should be orange if the form is being filtered?

qwerty99

Registered User.
Local time
Here you go. The form is titled "NavnormF" and "IC" is the tab I'm working with. Thanks.

Attachments

• 8.5.13_One.zip
    401.2 KB · Views: 72

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
you had the recordsource of the form tied to the value in the combo box. When a value was selected, it showed that 1 record. I placed a show all button on the form for you to redefine the forms dataset.

Attachments

• 8.5.13_One.accdb
    1.9 MB · Views: 89

qwerty99

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for explaining why it wasn't working. However, now when using the arrows or search at the bottom the business name doesn't update, but everything else on the form does, and choosing a business name from the drop down list doesn't update the fields in the form. How would I go about getting the combobox to update the form without making it the recordsource of the form? Or am I just trying to do something that Access won't allow?

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
That control is "Unbound", meaning that it isn't tied to data in the recordset, that it why it isn't changing. Make sure that the database is trusted.

qwerty99

Registered User.
Local time
So how do I bind the combobox to the data while still allowing for the "Show All" button to work? I can only get one or the other to work, but haven't been able to get them both to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom