Bush urges end to oil addiction (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:37
Considering the vast amount of crap that gets touted as a quotable source around here, I was pleasantly suprised at the quality of Vonnegut's writing. Whether or not one agrees with his sentiment, it is eloquently written. The bit about the real reason Bush doesn't like Arabs makes for a priceless one-liner. :D And many thanks to SJ for summarizing Bush's speech, considering I have to take anti-nasuea medication before watching the man for any length of time.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 01:37
The amount of oil on this planet is finite, anyway. Any "smart" country should be looking at ways to reduce dependency on it, in my opinion....

Edit: OK, so I went back and read the WHOLE Kurt Vonnegut thing after this post. That's what the 'cold turkey' comments were about. I get it. :D

Last edited:
R

Rich

Kraj said:
I have to take anti-nasuea medication before watching the man for any length of time.

I would've suggested just changing channels but since he's probably on all of them over there coul you not just switch it off?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I would've suggested just changing channels but since he's probably on all of them over there coul you not just switch it off?
Actually he wasn't on channel 9 (aka the 'WB' in the evenings), but their programming isn't much better. Brad and I watched a TiVo'ed "Monsters, Inc." instead. :)

R

Rich

If that's the Monsters Inc I'm thinking of, Boo's more intelligent than Bush :D

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
If that's the Monsters Inc I'm thinking of, Boo's more intelligent than Bush :D
And a heck of a lot cuter.

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
I love this quote regarding conservatives and liberals.

Which one are you in this country? It’s practically a law of life that you have to be one or the other? If you aren’t one or the other, you might as well be a doughnut.

If some of you still haven’t decided, I’ll make it easy for you.

If you want to take my guns away from me, and you’re all for murdering fetuses, and love it when homosexuals marry each other, and want to give them kitchen appliances at their showers, and you’re for the poor, you’re a liberal.

If you are against those perversions and for the rich, you’re a conservative.

What could be simpler?

Hooks

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Nice but what if:
Don't want my guns taken away
Not really for abortion but don't like the gov sticking their nose into it
Don't really care if gays can get married, and if I knew one or both would send a gift
Are for the poor, but think most of the programs today are not working and some even adding to the problem
Not "for" the rich, but don't think they should be taxed extra just because they have money

So where does that put one?

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
So you believe both party's platforms have good points and bad points? [irony]That means you're a political ***** with no spine who'll pander to whomever drops a dollar into your campaign bucket.[/irony]

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 02:37
Kraj said:
So you believe both party's platforms have good points and bad points? [irony]That means you're a political ***** with no spine who'll pander to whomever drops a dollar into your campaign bucket.[/irony]
That doesn't sound like your voice, Kraj

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
We haven't had a decent arguement in days. What going on around here?

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
OK I'll bite
I never said they didn't.
And for these, what 4 points, let me just say, Whatever :rolleyes:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Were you quoting Fofa
No, I describing how people in the middle are viewed/treated by those at either end. Well, honestly mostly by the far right, but some on the far left would think like that too.

jsanders said:
We haven't had a decent arguement in days. What going on around here?
A few days of relative calm and your trigger finger gets itchy? ;)

FoFa said:
OK I'll bite
I never said they didn't.
And for these, what 4 points, let me just say, Whatever :rolleyes:
Ok, so I know that sarcasm and irony are pretty difficult to convey in a forum setting, but I thought the 'start/end irony' tags were a pretty clear indicator that I was not actually suggesting you are a spineless political *****. Especially when in the context of Vonnegut's intentionally offensive oversimplication of political alignment. Suggested reading: "In Praise of Folly".

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
No, I describing how people in the middle are viewed/treated by those at either end. Well, honestly mostly by the far right, but some on the far left would think like that too.
;)

So in other words, Fofa.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
I’m in the mood to go after the right, these days. 5 years of Georgy Boy has just about done me in.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
So in other words, Fofa.
Eh, not really. FoFa takes a hard right stance on many issues, but he wasn't b.s.ing in his earlier post. I've seen him argue from a more liberal stance on other issues. He's not nearly as polarized as the powers that be would like everyone to be.

jsanders said:
I’m in the mood to go after the right, these days. 5 years of Georgy Boy has just about done me in.
No argument here. I just try and avoid exposure to politics that upset me these days. When you see the President on TV and visualize him...well, let's just say something happening that posting it online might get you a visit form the Secret Service... you know it's time to take a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom