Bush urges end to oil addiction (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:12
Rich said:
makes me head straight to the lav :mad:
To produce yet another Bush look-a-like? :D

(That oughta earn another "Eeew" from Selena :D )

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
Kraj said:
Ok, so I know that sarcasm and irony are pretty difficult to convey in a forum setting, but I thought the 'start/end irony' tags were a pretty clear indicator that I was not actually suggesting you are a spineless political *****.
Believe it or not I got that.
And my comments were directed for that portion outside the irony tags, not really required, but I was bored and wanted to type something :D

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
I’m in the mood to go after the right, these days. 5 years of Georgy Boy has just about done me in.
But not all the "right" agrees with George, maybe some just support him cause we know what can happen when you don't and you have troops in a bad area (like Vietnam).
And that he is better than what anyone else put forward.
Some times it really is the lessor of the two evils (so to speak).
:eek:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 05:12
FoFa said:
But not all the "right" agrees with George, maybe some just support him cause we know what can happen when you don't and you have troops in a bad area (like Vietnam).
And that he is better than what anyone else put forward.
Some times it really is the lessor of the two evils (so to speak).
:eek:

Well it’s certainly true the Dems have been lame for some time now. But where is this over budget Republican government going to stop.

Giving tax breaks to the richest.
Giving tax breaks to move your business over seas
Refusing to even consider import tax
Cutting funding for medical and education for the working poor
Spending 500,000,000,000 dollars on a police action
Creating the largest bureaucracy, in probably the world, but certainly our biggest ever.
Demoralizing FEMA
Cutting fines to Coal Mining Operations for safety violations and killing 15 people in two months
Transferring yet another trillion to the ultra rich. (This part is a guess)
Alienating Europe
Letting the Chinese be the next country to kick our asses. Although they too have some really big economic surprises ahead.

Where does it end?

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Today, 19:12
Why doesn't Bush spend some money with Engineers to reduce oil usage so that we are not so dependant on oil.

I see Honda are trying with thier Hydrogen Engine.

Oil is in demand as Engineers have built engines this way, why not get them to think a little more to get them to think of a way to use less, efficiency......

Robert88

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
The amount of oil on this planet is finite, anyway. Any "smart" country should be looking at ways to reduce dependency on it, in my opinion....
Thats what Iran are trying to do. Bush is up-in-arms about Iran developing nuclear power, yet in his speech he says its ok for the USA to do it.:rolleyes: Is that because the USA can be trusted not to drop a nuclear bomb and the Iranians can't?

Col

R

Rich

I'm confused, isn't Iran a democracy? :confused:
of course, silly me, they don't call themselves Christians

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Thats what Iran are trying to do. Bush is up-in-arms about Iran developing nuclear power, yet in his speech he says its ok for the USA to do it.:rolleyes: Is that because the USA can be trusted not to drop a nuclear bomb and the Iranians can't?

Col

You're twising the facts.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
I'm confused, isn't Iran a democracy? :confused:
of course, silly me, they don't call themselves Christians

Why is it that Atheist feel the need to go on an anti God mission all the time?

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Why is it that Atheist feel the need to go on an anti God mission all the time?
Why is it that so called christians see people that follow a different faith as the enemy ? :confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
You're twising the facts.
So Bush did not say he wanted to expand the nuclear energy programme? and Bush is not against Iran doing the same?

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
So Bush did not say he wanted to expand the nuclear energy programme? and Bush is not against Iran doing the same?

Col

That’s exactly right Col.

According to reports from the physicist at the IAEA the process Iran is using to enrich the uranium is a process only needed for nuclear weapons.

Something about an extra neutron causes the whole thing to melt down instead of explode. That makes it necessary to process it more accurately for weapons. Apparently this extra step is so expensive and unnecessary for fuel grade enrichment that it provides strong enough evidence that they are going to build bombs with it.

I know it’s hard for you to resist anti American chanting, but there are plenty of issues that are worthy of criticism, without corrupting the ones that aren’t.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
I know it’s hard for you to resist anti American chanting, but there are plenty of issues that are worthy of criticism, without corrupting the ones that aren’t.

I see, so according to America, it's ok for it to have a nuclear arsenal, but not evil Muslims ? :confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
I see, so according to America, it's ok for it to have a nuclear arsenal, but not evil Muslims ? :confused:
Here’s the historic rules for coming to a gun fight.

If you bring a gun to a gun fight it is assumed you are going to use it. The rules of self preservation dictate that.

So if your going to make a nuclear weapon you better be able to back it up with more than just technology. You better have a means to ensure you are not killed.

The Iranians will not prove themselves worthy of such a weapon. They will die in the attempt to become a nuclear power.

They are the ones playing the high stakes game. They are the ones that say “we are ready to enter the arms race”. Russia thought the same thing and look what it got them.

Want to roll the dice with the big boys, you better be able to back it up.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Russia thought the same thing and look what it got them.

Well according to the American version of history it got them freedom and democracy.
This can't be the same for Iran though can it? :rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Well according to the American version of history it got them freedom and democracy.
This can't be the same for Iran though can it? :rolleyes:

It the same for everybody that is willing to die for their version of the truth. Unfortunately for Iran they will meet with only death. Because after they run us out, they will have to deal with civil war.

That is the type of war that is coming to the entire region.

Muslim against Muslim, Arab against Persian, we are merely a small part of the destruction that is to be visited on them in the next decade. The signs are everywhere.

They cannot be allowed to possess nuclear weapons. Period.

I think you are just wanting to bash America some more. I can’t actually believe you advocate that Iran has nuclear weapons capability.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich,

Have you noticed that most everyone here has tired of auguring with you?

You’re so predictable. It would be different if your ravings were at least 30% correct.

Or if they at least were balanced, in the 90-10 range, of anti American ravings.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Yes, or we don't care what you think, WE HAVE THE NUKES, NAANI NAANI BOO BOO :p

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Rich,

It would be different if your ravings were at least 30% correct.

I haven't raved about anything Josey, stop smoking that funny stuff and learn to read.
America claims to be the great arsenal of democracy yet sees another as a threat. Why so? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom