Button not firing event...ever seen this?? (1 Viewer)

casey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:42
I'm supporting an app. that I did not create that has different "types" of users. There's a button that's supposed to fire an event. It works fine when I'm one type of user, but if I log in as another type of user, the event never fires when the button is clicked. I've set a breakpoint in the button's code...log in as one type of user and it breaks at the point...log in as a different type of user and it doesn't even fire.

Is there a button property that im missing here that would cause this type of behavior or is this a glitch??? it's enabled, it looks enabled and moves down when it's clicked on, but nothing happens???

Any ideas???

Thanks!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:42
I haven't see this particular situation, but if this is an actual VB app is there a way for you to post the source files somewhere for us to look at and test with? I realize that may not be possible, but if so it may speed troubleshooting.

casey

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your response. this is a private company's application and I can't post the code directly due to company policy so I may be on my own here.

Any ideas are welcome though.

casey

Registered User.
Local time
Figured it out...several frames ontop of one another with different command buttons. Wow! Time to take a vacation!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:42
Whew! glad you got that sorted. I know how much a pain sometimes it can be when it SHOULD work but doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom