Solved Button Visual Flaw (1 Viewer)

BlingGirl

Local time
Today, 15:56
ButtonDot.png
ButtonDot2.png

I get this light/white dot in the bottom left-hand corner on every button I create with the following shape & bevel combo.
Shape: Rectangle: Rounded Corners
Effects: Bevel: Round

When I change the shape to Rounded Rectangle (Small Apex), the dot disappears.
I have tried using larger borders, and transparent borders, but I can't get rid of this light/white dot with the rounded bevel and rounded corners shape.
The boss wants these settings or I'd just change the shape and be done.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• ButtonDot.accdb
    360 KB · Views: 84

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
View attachment 103195 View attachment 103196

I get this light/white dot in the bottom left-hand corner on every button I create with the following shape & bevel combo.
Shape: Rectangle: Rounded Corners
Effects: Bevel: Round

When I change the shape to Rounded Rectangle (Small Apex), the dot disappears.
I have tried using larger borders, and transparent borders, but I can't get rid of this light/white dot with the rounded bevel and rounded corners shape.
The boss wants these settings or I'd just change the shape and be done.
Any insight would be appreciated.
This might sound a bit facetious, but in the larger scheme of potential design issues, this one seems to be towards the low end of the scale.

You might want to take a different perspective, in any event. Perhaps that is part of the design to display the bevel. And from that POV, they could be considered a good thing.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Not sure if this helps you but try to set all buttons with the following properties:

Back Style: Transparent
Border Width: 4 pt

1663106003835.png

BlingGirl

Local time
This might sound a bit facetious, but in the larger scheme of potential design issues, this one seems to be towards the low end of the scale.

You might want to take a different perspective, in any event. Perhaps that is part of the design to display the bevel. And from that POV, they could be considered a good thing.
I 1000% agree with you, @GPGeorge, but I'm not the one paying for the project. To be honest, I didn't even notice it until he requested the background change from white to this darker blue. It was always there, just not as noticeable. The closer I get to completing the project, the pickier he gets with all the visual details.

LarryE

Local time
Use the second bevel over from the left on the last row of bevels. Don't know why, but it went away.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
@theDBguy THANK YOU!!! That didn't even cross my mind! This is perfect! I knew someone here would have a solution! You guys are the best!
Glad to hear it might be an acceptable approach. I guess we'll have to wait for the boss' approval. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom