Calandar Controls / Subforms (1 Viewer)

jasonp21

Local time
Yesterday, 22:06
Trying to create a booking database, containing a calandar form, first subform containing booking detail, and second subform containing a selectable list of equipment required for that booking.

I've managed to get the calandar control link to the first subform - containing event details - so now the records change depending what date you click on. However, dispite numerous attempts i'm unable to get the records in the second subform - a equipment dropdown list - to stay linked to the related record in the first subform.

After entering a record in the first subform, and selecting equipment in the second, when i select a different date, even if there are no records in the first subform, the same equipment for the last record entered remains listed. Any suggestions?

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:36
  1. Create an Unbound Textbox on the Main Form and change it's Name Property value to: CrossRef.
  2. Write the expression: =[mySubForm1].Form![LinkFieldName] (write the correct Sub-form1 name and link data Field Name replacing the sample names) in the Control Source Property.
  3. Click on the Second Sub-Form to select it and display it's Property Sheet.
  4. Set the Link Master Field property value to CrossRef.
  5. Set the Link Child Field property value to corresponding link field name from the Sub-Form2.

jasonp21

Local time
Yesterday, 22:06
Thanks - i've tried that, but get a "The value you entered is not valid for this field" message when returning to form view and entering a record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom