Calculated field (1 Viewer)

artefact

Local time
Today, 12:15
Hello,
I have an access query in which I'm using a calculated field based on a cuom function as shows:

Statut: statutelmtmrp([ZPRPP01].[Elément MRP];[ZPRPP01].[Date besoin])

The query runs well, but when I enter a something in the criterion field, access pops me a message saying that I've got data type issue. It turns out that data tye of the function is string even if I forced the converstion (using cstr function), it still raises me the error message.

Is it possible to use the criterion field for a caculated field?

Thanks for your help.

Arte

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 14:15
Is it possible to use the criterion field for a caculated field?

Yes, but you have to use the right datatype.

Can you show the SQL of your query and the declaration line of your function?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Is it possible your function is returning a NULL value?

artefact

Local time
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply.
As requested, here is the function declaration:

Function statutelmtmrp(elmtmrp As String, datebesoin As Date) As String

SELECT zprpp01.Article, zprpp01.[Désignation Article], zpuddp05.Indice, zpuddp05.[Lead Time], zprpp01.[Document d'achat], zprpp01.[Numéro du poste], zprpp01.Quantité, zprpp01.[Date besoin], anneesemaine([ZPRPP01].[Date besoin]) AS [semaine de livraison], anneesemaine(Date()) AS [Semaine reporting], statutelmtmrp([Elément MRP],[Date besoin]) AS Statut INTO [Carnet de commande]
FROM (zprpp01 LEFT JOIN zpuddp05 ON zprpp01.Article = zpuddp05.Article) LEFT JOIN Gestionnaire ON zprpp01.Gestionnaire = Gestionnaire.[Numéro gestionnaire]
WHERE (((statutelmtmrp([Elément MRP],[Date besoin]))="Quantité") AND ((zprpp01.[Fournisseur designation])="EOLANE NEUILLY-EN-THELLEEMELEC TECH") AND ((zprpp01.[Date besoin])<Now()+1825 Or (zprpp01.[Date besoin]) Is Null) AND ((zprpp01.[Elément MRP])<>"D.A." And (zprpp01.[Elément MRP])<>"Lot QM"))
ORDER BY zprpp01.[Fournisseur designation], zprpp01.Article, zprpp01.[Document d'achat], zprpp01.[Numéro du poste], zprpp01.[Date besoin];

and in red the statement that raises the issue.

thank you very much for your precious help.
Arte

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
My guess is this isn't the criteria being applied, but the arguments being sent. I bet [Element MRP] or [Date besoin] is null in one of the records in the underlying data sources. Or possibly they aren't the right datatypes that the function expects.

You can test this with a query. Create a query based on the tables/queries that [Element MRP] and [Date besoin] are in. Bring down each field, then add 2 calculated fields for each--one to test to see if the field is null (IsNull) and then one to test to make sure its the data type you expect (IsNumeric, IsDate, etc.).

artefact

Local time
Hello Plog,

Thanks a lot! You were right. Now, I test the parameters before passing value to the function!!

Have a nice day.

Arte

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom