Solved Calculated UnBound Field Throwing #Error - Part 2 (1 Viewer)

BusyBeeBiker

Local time
Today, 01:05
A bit like a prize fighter slugging away at this one, getting a bit punch drunk so asking for assistance.

See attached screenshot:

Screenshot (7).png

If you look at Holidays Left (field txtLeft) it throwing the error message #Name?.

What this field should do is to generate Holidays Left based on a combinations of the fields in the sub-forms footer to generate calculated expression:
Hols Left = (Holiday Entitlement+C/F Lieu Days)-Holidays Taken

or in field terms:

txtleft = (txtEntitlement+txtHolLieu) - txtTaken

It throws out error #Name?.

The interesting thing is that if you take out the expression above from the ControlSource property and leave it blank it throws #Name?, in addition if you try to add say a string into the control source field i.e ="string" again it throws #Name?.

There are no other fields in the form that are txtLeft.

Any ideas?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Unless you have some code setting the controlsource that makes no sense. So check your forms code.
Set its control source to = "Test" and see what happens.

If all that fails then try the following;
Delete the control, then save your form.
Compact and repair the database.
Open the form and add a new control called something slightly different.

Set its control source to = "Test" and see what happens.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:05
The first thing I think of when I see the "Name#" error is that you named something incorrectly - i.e. spelled wrong, or if it is qualified by location, incorrectly qualified (which also applies to "should have been qualified but wasn't"). The formula or .ControlSource for that box is wrong. That has to be the starting point.

BusyBeeBiker

Local time
Thanks both of you, removed recalcitrant field txtLeft, compacted, repaired and reinistigated.

Then came up with Error Message On Current, on investigation came across Me.txtLeft.Requery, smelled a little bit to me so removed (it wasn't really doing anything!) and it is now working OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom