Solved Calculating with data in main report and sub report (1 Viewer)

Erin M 2021

Local time
Today, 04:46
I've embedded a sub report and am able to use the total count from that, add the total count of the original report and have the sum calculate the percentage properly. I'm also able to show the calculation for the sub report but only in the main report.
Here is the successful source: =[Commitments]/([FY S&S].[Report]![S&S#Commitments]+[TotalCommitments])
1647279124782.png

My question is - How can I add the sub report's calculation to it's row?

As another reference, here is design view. I am needing it within the sub report.

1647279187689.png

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:46
I don't understand exactly what you need in the subreport. Maybe markup an image to show.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Advise not to use punctuation/special characters in naming convention.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:46
There is nothing wrong with the idea of having a separate query for the sub-report that contains computations, even if based on something in the parent report. However, such queries cannot be used separately to update the child table on which it is based, because an external reference to a form or report is not updateable.

ABSOLUTELY concur with June7 that you should avoid special characters in field names. The ONLY special characters that work in field names are the underscore and dollar sign, and the dollar sign is a special case for some usages so should be avoided in general. Using only alphanumerics (and NO spaces), it is possible to avoid the requirement for square bracketing around everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom