Calculations on invisible form (1 Viewer)

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:05
Hi All,

I have a dashboard that opens with my main form and it contains many textboxes with Dcounts, Dlookups and Dsums in it. I am hoping that I can put these textboxes on a separate form that is hidden unless a command button is clicked to make it visible.

I know how to do this, but my question is whether or not all of those queries will run whether or not the form is visible. Obviously if the Dsums etc.. are going to run anyway, then I won't bother.

Is there a better way to do this?

veraloopy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:05
I'm looking at something similar at the moment and in testing, whether the form is visible or not, access will still run the calculations as the form is still open although you can't see it
I'm doing mine so that it is always visible but only runs all the dcounts, etc upon first load into the database and if the user(s) want a refresh, i have a refresh button for them to use.
The reason for this is that I use my figures to show management what is outstanding or who is not doing what they should so there is no excuse for people not seeing the current figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom