calculations with queries (1 Viewer)

j6niner

Local time
Today, 07:54
ok...i have created a query based on information in several tables. this query gives me data from the time period in which i need it. i have approximately 900 records in this query. i now need to make a few calculations based on the data returned by the query. i then need to store this calculated data into a table so i can view it at a later date, if necessary and to run reports with it. how do i go about these calculations? any help is much appreciated - thanks - j6niner.

lynn_victoria

Local time
In the query window... position the insertion point in an empty field text box... and then click on the expression builder.... set up the mathmatical calculation in there..(if you tellme what you want to do, fieldnames and amounts i can tell you what to write)
then you can rename the field in the query to whatever you might like tocall it...click run...save the results...
if you want to save permantly...run the makeTable command on the Query type button... if you need more help ...let me know...

j6niner

Local time
hey, thanks...that will take care of the calculations, but as far as the save goes...i will be running reports from this query every 2 weeks. so i need to save the results of the calculations and the date on which they were calculated, so i can run future reports on the past, based on a date. i messed around with the make table command and it seemed to me that it would create a new table everytime i ran it. i would like, if possible to put the data into one table, so i can query it in the future. thanks again man...j.

R

Rich

Except in exceptional circumstances you should not store the results of calculated fields. You can calculate them at any time. Base a report on your query or do the calculations on the report itself.

j6niner

Local time
ok i understand what you're saying...thanks guys, this will be much help...j

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom