Call image on demand to a specific record (1 Viewer)

usmanghani_2654

Local time
Today, 23:45
hi all,
I have a lost/found property database form (soft-copy), it works perfectly fine. We enter the details of the found property and then take the print (hard-copy) of the form. Whenever an owner comes to claim his/her item we search through our soft-copy for the specific item/record and then ask them to sign on the relevant hard-copy record after which we cross out the hard-copy and write with a permanent marker "Restored". Whereas in the soft-copy we type in the details that it has been claimed/restored in available text fields.
However, is there anyway that I can display a big large banner saying "restored" in front of only that record(s) where item(s) has been restored to the owner. It doesn't have to be a text banner/label, it could also be a picture saying "Restored". I have manage to get a print message box set-up for this but it's too annoying. Every time we pull out an item's record that has been restored, that message box comes up and then we have to click OK to proceed. I can remove it but only if can find a replacement. See attachment please.
Any help would be much obliged.

Attachments

• lostpropertyrestored.bmp
    63.8 KB · Views: 103

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Why not restrict your search form only to items that haven't been claimed?
You wouldn't get the record appearing at all then.

usmanghani_2654

Local time
Could be a good idea but sometimes it's helpful to have the claimed forms viewable as well in case someone comes asking for the same item that has already been restored.
By the way, how would you suggest it to be done? I mean programming..!! For hiding the restored/claimed item's records?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Use the data you have stored when the item is claimed as a filter in your query to display the unclaimed items - eg ClaimedDate is Null or similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom