Can I print a table or transfer it to Excel? (1 Viewer)

cldn

Local time
Today, 05:48
Please help! I'm trying to create a codebook for my data and I want a clear list of my field names, type, and description that I can either print out or transfer into an excel file. I don't want to create a report because for this I am not interested in the actual data, just the type of data we are collecting. ALso, my tables are pretty long and a report would make the field names stretch out too far.

I've tried simply cutting and pasting and it lets me copy, but I can't paste it anywhere but into another Access table. And it won't let me print.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

-Ande

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:48
If I understand your question correctly, you should look into menu path

Tools >> Analyze >> Documenter

Select the Tables page, click Options to see what you want to see in the output. Close that, either click select all, or select the ones you want. Click OK.

When it is finished, I think you will have what you want as a report. But at least for AC97, the Icon for "Office Links" is active when viewing that report. So you could, indeed, analyze it with Excel or export it to Word. You can also print that report directly from Access.

Look at the other things it will document. Like the controls on forms and reports, the fields in queries, and the contents of a module. Really a good basic tool.

Now if it only did cross-references.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom