Solved Can´t drag a table into the form (1 Viewer)

jg_1981

Local time
Today, 13:40
Hello everyone! I have a recent problem with MS Access 2019: I can't move a table or query into form in design view. When I try to drag the table inot the form appears a circle with a line in the center.
I don't why it is happening because I was previously able to do that!
I post a photo to show the problem.
Can you help me?
Thank you!
Best regards.
Joaquim Guedes

Attachments

• circle.png
    circle.png
    59 KB · Views: 444

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
not sure why that might be , only thing I can think of that might be the issue is that your db is not in exclusive mode or in a trusted location - have you tried just creating a subform control and specifying the table as the sourceobject?

it should be Table.UTENTE

Although it is generally a bad idea to allow users direct access to the table if that is your intention

jg_1981

Local time
not sure why that might be , only thing I can think of that might be the issue is that your db is not in exclusive mode or in a trusted location - have you tried just creating a subform control and specifying the table as the sourceobject?

Although it is generally a bad idea to allow users direct access to the table if that is your intention
Thank you CJ_London for your reply. I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thank you for that. But I remain with the same problem, I can't drag tables or queries into the form directly. I tried the same db in another pc and I can drag and drop the tables and the queries into the form. I really don't what´s going on! But thank you for your insight!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Dragging a table onto a form should create a subform for that table.
Why do you want to do it that way. It gives you no control over the process.

jg_1981

Local time
Dragging a table onto a form should create a subform for that table.
Why do you want to do it that way. It gives you no control over the process.
Thank you isladogs for your reply! I was able to do that and now I can't! I want to know why is that happening! Thank you!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:40
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Maybe you got a recent update that broke your Access install. Can you try rolling it back to a previous version? Just a thought...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Or perhaps you have some corruption in your database.
Have you tried decompiling? Or tried with another form or database?

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
This is a result of your "Use Control Wizards" setting. Open a form in design view and go to the Design tab on the contextual ribbon that pops up. Drop down the gallery in the Controls group and notice there is a toggle button named "Use Control Wizards." Set that toggle. Now, when you drag a table over a form in design view, your mouse cursor does not deny you the drop.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Why would you ever want to drag a table or query onto a form ?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Why would you ever want to drag a table or query onto a form ?

I believe it creates the Subform (just a form) and also the container, the Subform/Subreport control automatically. Also sets up the master/ child link ...

jg_1981

Local time
This is a result of your "Use Control Wizards" setting. Open a form in design view and go to the Design tab on the contextual ribbon that pops up. Drop down the gallery in the Controls group and notice there is a toggle button named "Use Control Wizards." Set that toggle. Now, when you drag a table over a form in design view, your mouse cursor does not deny you the drop.
Hello MarkK! Thank you for your reply! Your answer solved my problem! Thank you very much for the help,that did the trick! You rock!

jg_1981

Local time
I believe it creates the Subform (just a form) and also the container, the Subform/Subreport control automatically. Also sets up the master/ child link ...
That's right Uncle Gizmo! Thank you for your reply!

jg_1981

Local time

Thank you for your reply CJ_London.

jg_1981

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Maybe you got a recent update that broke your Access install. Can you try rolling it back to a previous version? Just a thought...
Thanks for your reply theDBuy! I did what MarkK told me and worked. Thank anyway for the help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for your reply theDBuy! I did what MarkK told me and worked. Thank anyway for the help.
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom