Can we build SSMS Form? (1 Viewer)

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:19
Hi Guys, Happy new year to all.
Today i got an idea to Create,update or delete or insert , alter data from FE(compiled).
That we can create a unbound form and making a unbound longtext box and a subform which will show what we run the code in textbox.
To run a query a go command also on form.
Here we can apply one query at the moment. so instead of taking query wizard this can help to maintain for client places as i thought.
for this i need to drop all the table names,Query name. how can i get all table names in a dropdown ?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:49
You're trying to create a Do-It-Yourself ReportBuilder / Query Builder? Basically, right?

Reshmi mohankumar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:19
I'm not sure I understand your description of the use for it, but try using the table defs collection?

im not getting what to do , how can we use a notepad style on form??SSMS has like that style to write queries. I wishing that same style on our access form. which will help to modify back end data easily so. Is it possible to place a notepad file on form and making controls to excute the statements??

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:49
im not getting what to do , how can we use a notepad style on form??SSMS has like that style to write queries. I wishing that same style on our access form. which will help to modify back end data easily so. Is it possible to place a notepad file on form and making controls to excute the statements??
That will take a phenomenal amount of coding and time.
You would basically have to parse the string into a query that Access would accept, then syntax check it and then somehow report on the syntax errors in a way that informs the user what the issue is. All this without losing the layout and comments etc the user has entered. Not a trivial task.

There are a variety of commercial tools that sort of allow you to do this

I wouldn't try and reinvent the wheel.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:49
yes , like SSMS
Why do you want to replace the Access GUI which IS SSMS? There is a limit to how much flexibility you should give to users and this goes way too far. Build a few canned exports with some selection criteria and leave it at that. Let the user export to Excel or a CSV file and leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom