Can you see a future for the Human Race and what will it look like? (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 10:51
With all the things gong on in this world of ours, Climate Change and Climate Change deniers, constant conflicts, USA / Iran teetering on the edge. Religious hatred, racial hatred... Rise of extremism...etc..

I think the Futre of the Human Race is soon reaching a pivot point in its continued existance..

Hell, some people still believe the world is flat or is hollow and run by shapeshifting Lizards...wtf...

Do you think we have a future, and what do you think it will look like?

The famous 16th century 'prophet' Nostradamus predicted the pivotal point in Human existance is between the years 1999 and 2026, from then on there is a 1000 years of peace... is this 1000 year long peace without the Human Race....

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 05:51
Scott,

There's all sorts of weird $hit happening in the world right now, and I think it's due to all different kinds of reasons. If you haven't read about it, recently government and economic leaders have been wondering what to do about the rise of the fertility crisis. Personally I think that's a ridiculous notion. I know quite a few people that have kids and are not worried about what the future holds. But these are generally people that always have positive attitudes about the world. Those are the people I love being around!
Religious hatred
I explained this problem of religious hatred somewhat in this thread, in case you missed it. Not all people that are associated with a religion are causing war.
I think the Futre of the Human Race is soon reaching a pivot point in its continued existance..
I would tend to agree, but it really depends on your definition of "pivot point". If you mean reaching a point where the human race ceases to exist, I can't possibly believe that because I'm a Christian. And as such, the end has already been described to us by our leader, and it has nothing to do with a scenario where humans cease to exist, but rather has everything to do with a scenario whereby every nation on earth engages in a war and everybody fights everybody else. Per the famous prophecy in Matthew:
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains...........
now will that happen in our lifetimes? Personally, I highly doubt it. I also highly doubt that, per Paul's words in Thessalonians 2, the enemy in human form will appear on earth during our lifetime.
Do you think we have a future, and what do you think it will look like?
I would say we've got a hell of a long way to go yet. And the people in the news obviously think the same thing, at least regarding how technology will change, as the innovators (and the ridiculous immitators) start changing the way our everyday devices look and operate => evidenced by this article recently: what your smartphone will look like in 2030.
The famous 16th century 'prophet' Nostradamus predicted the pivotal point in Human existance is between the years 1999 and 2026, from then on there is a 1000 years of peace... is this 1000 year long peace without the Human Race....
Nostradamus was famous for his predictions, but he has also become notorious for being completely wrong a bout a lot of things....just like a lot of other false prophets that have come down the pike at almost all points in history. As a matter of fact, at almost all points in history, there have been people who have claimed to be absolutely sure they could accurately predict the end of the world. Some of these idiots and their predictions can be read about in the wikipedia article. As for the 1000 years of peace, in Christianity that timeframe is prophecized to happen after Satan is thrown down into the bottomless pit for the first time by one of the Lord's angels. The 1000 years of peace will be led by Christ, after which Satan is once again set free, only to be defeated again permanently and never again released to roam free.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:51
Another hot topic that creates emotional hysteria. Anyway, humans are no longer constrained by "natural selection". We now have the medical capability to keep people alive that would otherwise die from a variety of causes. What that means is that "bad" genes will be passed down from generation to generation. That may not have much of an impact one-hundred years from now, but one-thousand years?

The "reductio ad absurdum" conclusion; one-thousand years from now no human will be able to live without significant medical support. Of course optimists will claim that medical science will be able to fix the "bad" genes by then. That may be possible.

The future of the human race has been discussed in Science Fiction. One classic is the "Marching Morons".
Another very powerful book: The Rediscovery of Man. Even today, you can see a human race future in the current TV series "The Expanse".

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Another hot topic that creates emotional hysteria.
you guys are incredibly negative around here. :rolleyes: at least I've changed. I constantly wonder if that comes from the fact that people like us deal with technological ignorance shown from the general public all day long every day. IMO, it sucks big time and can get you down if you let it. But wouldn't you say that's normal? Society will never change. As for comment about *keeping alive via medical capability*, I would hold you tongue on that one. I seriously doubt the human race will ever be to achieve what the geniuses at google are trying to do.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The viewpoint necessary to answer this question requires you to look backwards first. Tens of thousands of years ago, the Earth was emerging from a major ice age with rampant glaciation that was slowly receding. Man changed from hunter/gatherer migrant tribes to a more agrarian/village format. We have been evolving since then, as climate change melted the ice and raised sea levels.

As this new (or perhaps merely continuing) climate change sweeps over us yet again, further raising sea levels, you will probably see man re-learning his true impotence vs. nature which will affect society strongly. Migration away from coastlines will probably occur. Cities will be in areas previously not heavily populated because everyone wanted to live on beachfront properties.

I can only hope for one particular effect. Maybe folks will stop playing ostrich regarding the most useless of all responses to the coming changes - praying. When you are praying, you are doing nothing of concrete value, whether it is building better infrastructure or researching new technology. That impotence vs. nature, if we are lucky, will make people realize that all of their prayers were time-wasting and contra-productive.

The lower birth rate (fertility crisis) might be an unexplored psychological change as people consciously or unconsciously "hunker down" to minimize family size in view of a coming climate apocalypse. If it is an unconscious reaction then it doesn't matter whether it will or won't come. What matters in this case is what people believe might be coming. Traditionally, families have reduced their numbers when they foresaw bad times ahead. Who is to say that isn't at least part of what is happening here?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:51
you guys are incredibly negative around here. :rolleyes: at least I've changed. I constantly wonder if that comes from the fact that people like us deal with technological ignorance shown from the general public all day long every day. IMO, it sucks big time and can get you down if you let it. But wouldn't you say that's normal? Society will never change. As for comment about *keeping alive via medical capability*, I would hold you tongue on that one. I seriously doubt the human race will ever be to achieve what the geniuses at google are trying to do.
You may have a point about being too negative. But one persons perception is not necessarily the same as another person's perception. I believe that we have entered into a new era of mass hysteria that is akin to both McCarthyism and the "Reign of Terror" period of the French Revolution, minus the guillotine.

There is in the US a massive (almost instantaneous) cultural shift from "right" to "left". Quickie examples, the end of traditional marriage, the end of many drug laws, and the open assertion that some laws can be simply unenforced based on vague humanitarian assertions.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
the end of traditional marriage,
I don't think so Steve-O! The people that I know who are part of very loyal churches are making sure to take steps against the "mass acceptance" of any and all lifestyles that will emerge as this ridiculous country of ours progresses on. Let us not forget that, as more and more automation puts more and more people out on the street, there will be more and more of an increase of weird crap caused by people in society trying to differentiate themselves from everyone else. It's a case of "being heard" or " being recognized". In business it's simply called "marketing strategy" and "product differentiation".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom