Cannot add Image to Command Button? - "doesn't support the format" - "file is too large" (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:20
I finished my Simulated Option Group, based on wingwings. However, I thought I could improve it by replacing the text boxes with image controls. I did this successfully, but I ran into another problem. Because I assign the image control to an image control object variable, I lose the mouse clicks. The mouse clicks work for the image control itself, but they don't work for the image object as the mouse clicks have been discontinued, See:-

The functionality for the Image object's Click and DoubleClick events has been deprecated.

I need something with a click and double click event. A command button gives me this functionality. However, everything I do to add an image to the command button just does not work, I keep getting an error message:-

Picture Builder
Microsoft Access doesn't support the format of the file 'C:\ATH\Backup Business Products\Nifty Option Group Option Based Option Images\Tick_5iRr4opRT-remove.bmp, or file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP format.

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction!

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I just had a bit of luck, I had another play with it and instead of using the picture builder (which pops up when you click on the ellipsis of the "Picture" property, the UNC text Box) I directly pasted the link into the the the property, (UNC text Box) and hey presto, it works!

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 13:20
I haven't had a chance to play with the Nifty Option Group yet, but eager to break it in soon...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
No worries John, appreciate you having a look.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've had an idea for a while, I like knocking up these little gadgets, but I never know if they are going to be popular and sell well.

I'm also aware of funding sites like indiegogo, so I'm looking to see if I can set up an indigogo funding project where people have the opportunity to fund the next stage development of, in this case replacing the wingding buttons with images.

I'll post a link when I've finished jumping through all of the indigogo hoops.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've decided against using indiegogo for the time being. I've just found a very useful feature of Gumroad!

I can upload a product placement in a pre-order condition.

I reckon with this pre-order opinion, I can upload an idea for a product and once enough pre orders have been made I can then proceed to complete the product.

All I have to do is come up with a reasonable proof of concept, just enough work to show how I envisaged the product working. Once I have secured a number of preorders I can then complete the product and all of the associated product documentation, in my case usually videos!

Here is the "Nifty Option Group - Upgrade - To get a 50% Discount - Use Coupon Code:- 3gyip6x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom