Cannot Perforn 'Find and Replace' in Subform (1 Viewer)

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:54
When I use the built in 'Find and Replace' utility in a subform (datasheet view), it does the replace on multile rows but when I try and navigate to another record on the main form I keep getting an error mesage 'Operation Not Supported in Transactions' and have to close the form and all the previous 'find and Replace' I did have been undone and rolled back to their previous state :confused:

Any ideas how I can the 'Find and Replace' to work on teh subform?

Many Thanks

Dreamweaver

Local time
Not sure why you wanna do that it don't sound right??

But you could clone the subform then loop through that using find first when you get a result you can then do an edit and update on the clone.

Mick

KevinM

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks

Yes, it's a bit of a strange one so I won't go into too much detail, but due to a regular bulk append I end up with a lot entries (foreign language verbs) that are slightly mis-spelt after being processed and then have to go through several to correct them. This is where the 'find and replace' comes in.

Anyway, I've created a popup form with the same subform data that seems to accept the 'find an replace'

Thanks

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thanks

Yes, it's a bit of a strange one so I won't go into too much detail, but due to a regular bulk append I end up with a lot entries (foreign language verbs) that are slightly mis-spelt after being processed and then have to go through several to correct them. This is where the 'find and replace' comes in.

Anyway, I've created a popup form with the same subform data that seems to accept the 'find an replace'

Thanks

I have a tool that does that I'll look at creating an example for you but it works at the table level not with subforms but the way I use it is to import my data then run it which loops through the temp table replacing what it has to it can replace a letter or A word

Attachments

• Replace.jpg
    Replace.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 159

Dreamweaver

Local time
I've Uploaded a sample to the sample Db's Forum once enabled you will be able to download it.

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom