Can't add Field to existing Form (1 Viewer)

S

shill

When I add a new field to a table the new field then does not show up in design mode in an existing form. The new field does not show up in the field list. If I add a text box and change the properties and set the control source it then shows a #name error.

Help, any suggestions?

SomeGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
You might want to check and see if the form source is a query of the table and not the table itself.

I've caught myself doing that one before. Any changes in the table fields will not show up in the field list but if you change it in the query, it will.

Just a thought.

S

shill

Thanks for the response. I checked and the form is based on a table in fact it was based on two tables using the wizard to create it. Should it be based on a query since it is using more that one table?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by shill (edited 01-02-2001).]

TGHockett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
shill ... I think SomeGuy probably has your problem in focus, unless you are using a master form with a sub-form for the 2nd table?

If you give us a generic description of what you are trying to accomplish, one of us can probably help you figure out the best way to go ... good luck.

TGH

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:41
Access seems to embed a field list when the form is originally created and the only way to get it to wake up and smell the roses is brute force.

If you open each form in design view, delete the recordsource, save the form, then put the recordsource back as it was, you will force Access to recognize the new columns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom