Can't Export Access Objects to another access database: File not found: 'C:\Users\san (1 Viewer)

mtn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:10
I came across this strange error for the first time. I am trying to export all my access database objects (Forms, Queries, Reports, Modules) to another access database file. While some of the object will export successfully, about one or two forms and modules will not and give the following error.

File not found: 'C:\Users\sandaa\AppData\Local\Temp\VB31D5.tmp' or
File not found: 'C:\Users\sandaa\AppData\Local\Temp\VB4A76.tmp'

depending on the object and whenever I click OK button I get a further error report saying:

"Name COnflicts with existing module, project, or object library."

Does anybody know how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks.

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Today, 07:10
Sometimes that 'conflict' error appears when you've uses reserved words in the database. Another thing you may try is compacting both of the databases.

Also, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208753

When I received this error in the past, I had named a report (I think it was that) with a reserved word.

dfenton

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:10
I had this problem JUST YESTERDAY. You are not going to be happy to hear what's going on.

Basically, your VBA project is corrupt and you need to write all your objects out as soon as you can.

I'd try using Application.SaveAsText to save all the objects. Likely, they are already too far gone to be recoverable, though.

In my case, I was trying to create a test sample database with a subset of objects from a different application, so the loss was no big deal, as I was able to import everything from the existing database.

I suspect that in my case, the corruption was cause by Name AutoCorrect, which I forgot to turn off before importing everything into my test database.

Whatever you do, work on a copy, and absolutely do not decompile. Decompile is what removed everything -- no forms worked, and none of the code modules were viewable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom