Can't update SubForm (1 Viewer)

FC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:35
I have a form with a subform that pulls from a query. What we want is for the users to be able to make changes to 2 of the fields in the subform (which in turn would update the table). Anyone have any ideas of how this could be done? I would really appreciate it!

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:35
assuming your underlying query is updateable, set the subform to allow edits and lock all the fields on it except the two you want to allow edits on.

al

[This message has been edited by pcs (edited 06-11-2001).]

FC

Registered User.
Local time
It's the query - everything else it set correctly. All the fields in the query come from one table, with the execption of one field. That why I had to create the query - so I could get that one other field in the form. But once I do this, I can't update the info. Any other ideas on how I could do this? I really appreciate the help!!

jabrum

Registered User.
Local time
Do you have to create the subform from a Query? Isn't it possible to create a form from multiple sources? ... that when data is entered, the corresponding tables are updated?

FC

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, that would be perfect. It really doesn't matter where the subform comes from. But how do I set up the form with the data from 2 different tables without creating a relationship with a query? It's just one field from the second table that I need - but I have to have that field since it's one of the ones they want to be able to edit. I would really be grateful for any help with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom