Captured Brits in Iran (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 09:58
Isn't Len British too? :confused:

Yes he is ... most definately.

The troops acted correctly. They were outgunned and to start shooting in a hopeless situation would have been plain stupid.

This bunch of pirates abducted our troops when they were not in Iraqi waters. Not surprising that the Brits knew where they were and the pirates did not.

This is a political action by Iraq. So far nobody has got hurt. The aim is to keep it that way but these pirates must understand that this behavoir demonstrates so clearly that they are not members of the civilised world.

We get our people out first, all in one piece.

I have no doubt that the next time, if Iraq are stupid enough to try it again, you can bet that the "British Gunboat" will be in closer attendance and any interference by pirates will be dealt with in the only language they understand.

These people really hack me off.

L

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Yes he is ... most definately.

I'm sorry to hear that :eek: :p

This bunch of pirates abducted our troops when they were not in Iraqi waters. Not surprising that the Brits knew where they were and the pirates did not.

This is a political action by Iraq. So far nobody has got hurt. The aim is to keep it that way but these pirates must understand that this behavoir demonstrates so clearly that they are not members of the civilised world.

We get our people out first, all in one piece.

I have no doubt that the next time, if Iraq are stupid enough to try it again, you can bet that the "British Gunboat" will be in closer attendance and any interference by pirates will be dealt with in the only language they understand.

These people really hack me off.

L

I think you need to mind your 'n's and 'q's a bit more ;)

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 04:58
Yea i seen a digital reactment of what happend and it looked like 2 Iranian gunboats did just fly up on them and that the Brits thought it was nothing until it was too late.

Then they seen there guns on the boats and the Brits were outgunned and made no sense to fight. Then the Iranians took them to Iranian waters where there were like 6 more gun boats...

The question is, with all the evidence that Brits were over a mile in Iraqi water from GPS and the Turkish Ship confirmation along with the Iranians changing the coordinates where they said the Brits were...

Should Britain bow down and appologize for something that seems they did not do so they can get their troops back?

I would say no and I hope Blair sticks by his guns and doesnt appease these Mullahs.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Should Britain bow down and appologize for something that seems they did not do so they can get their troops back?

I would say no and I hope Blair sticks by his guns and doesnt appease these Mullahs.

Blair is on record as saying he would have taken the same action as Maggie Thatcher did 25 years ago in respect of the Falklands.

Let's see if Blair has any b*lls, cos Maggie certainly did

L

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

Personally I think it's a moot point. The EU has already condemned Iran and it is only a matter of time before the UN does also. They've paraded captured prisoners on public media just like Saddam did with both British troops and civilians during the Gulf war, probably breaking numerous UN resolutions in the process.

Like Col said, it was a Dinghy in 'debatable' waters. The Iranians are making themselves look like complete ass-holes over this. It can only serve to strengthen world opinion against them. Which suits me fine.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The question is, with all the evidence that Brits were over a mile in Iraqi water from GPS and the Turkish Ship confirmation

watching US TV news again?:rolleyes: actually, it was an Indian flagged merchant ship. [ref BBC news web site]

No wonder the Yanks have no idea whats going on in the world

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Like Col said, it was a Dinghy in 'debatable' waters.

I didn't - please get it right, I said "Plus the British were in Iraqi waters and the satnav proves it". I made no mention it was "debatable".

Dan said:
It can only serve to strengthen world opinion against them. Which suits me fine.
they have a long way to go to match the world opinion against the USA though.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
They've paraded captured prisoners on public media just like Saddam did with both British troops and civilians during the Gulf war, probably breaking numerous UN resolutions in the process.

Like the USA does with the Guantanamo prisoners then, or is that not shown on US TV

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Once again we have to 'thank' the USA for their non co-oprertion in exchanging their Iranian prisoners for our 15 held in Iran.

Ref BBC

Thanks a bunch - here's a good chance to get back into some good books and you won't even consider it.

Col

R

Rich

Once again we have to 'thank' the USA for their non co-oprertion in exchanging their Iranian prisoners for our 15 held in Iran.

Ref BBC

Thanks a bunch - here's a good chance to get back into some good books and you won't even consider it.

Col

Thank god the Americans are our allies!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom