Solved Cascading Combo box (1 Viewer)

Momma

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:56
View attachment 97711
Thank you for accepting me. I'm not very experienced with Access. What I know, I taught myself, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
I have a main form with a nested subform. In the 2nd subform, I have a cascading combo box. This is my Row Source in the 2nd combo box.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:56
Hi. You say you get an error, but I don't see an error message. Your attachment looks like it's a parameter prompt. If so, it usually means there's a typo.

Momma

Local time
Hi. You say you get an error, but I don't see an error message. Your attachment looks like it's a parameter prompt. If so, it usually means there's a typo.
That's what I thought as well. I've gone through it a million times, checking for spelling errors and I've even redid all the forms with no luck

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:56
That's what I thought as well. I've gone through it a million times, checking for spelling errors and I've even redid all the forms with no luck
In that case, you might consider posting a sample copy of your db with test data.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:56
It looks like you are looking for the value of a combo from one subform in another subform on the same main form.

When the main form is opened, and one subform control is looking for data in another subform control, It may not work because of the order the subforms are initialized in. If the form you are looking too is not initialized then you get that error....

Momma

Local time
It looks like you are looking for the value of a combo from one subform in another subform on the same main form.

When the main form is opened, and one subform control is looking for data in another subform control, It may not work because of the order the subforms are initialized in. If the form you are looking too is not initialized then you get that error....
Not really sure what you mean by that.
The data I'm looking for is in the same subform as the combo boxes.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:56
Not really sure what you mean by that.
The data I'm looking for is in the same subform as the combo boxes

I can't help you anymore, as you have deleted the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom