Casscade Update (1 Viewer)

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:01
Is this feature in SQL Server? I have a table were the ManufacturerID is the name of the company. Because this is the primary key, we are not able to change if there is a spelling error. In Access i can turn on the Cascade Update feature. Not sure if this can be done in SQL Server. Any suggestions?

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 02:01
Is this feature in SQL Server? I have a table were the ManufacturerID is the name of the company. Because this is the primary key, we are not able to change if there is a spelling error. In Access i can turn on the Cascade Update feature. Not sure if this can be done in SQL Server. Any suggestions?
If the data is in SQL Server I would put a trigger on the field and then update with that. But, it would have been best (now you know why) to use NUMBERS for PRIMARY KEYS. You then never have to worry about this, you only have to change the "name" in one place.

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:01
How would one put a trigger on a field and then update? Not a SQL person, know Access very well...

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 02:01
How would one put a trigger on a field and then update? Not a SQL person, know Access very well...
They don't give me access to that part here at work. I wouild have to go about it at home (so anyone else can chime in here if you have the answer).

What version of SQL Server are you using and do you have Admin privileges on the SQL Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom