Champions League 2nd Round Draw (1 Viewer)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
What happened to Liverpool Bri :( Losing a goal so late in the game, did they play well enough? Not to worry you can give them a tanking at Anfield in a couple of weeks time :D

I watched the Real Madrid v Arsenal game last night, thought it was a pretty good game and the best Arsenal have played in months from what I've seen of their televised games.

Hay

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
What happened to Liverpool Bri :( Losing a goal so late in the game, did they play well enough? Not to worry you can give them a tanking at Anfield in a couple of weeks time :D

Hay

You predicted that they would show Man U how to do it, each time you predict something like that we lose :( mind you until we learn to score that is always likely no matter how well we play, and last night we were poor.

We should sell Cisse and Morientes and put the 5 Bob that we would get for them towards a half decent striker, as for Garcia he is a liability in any postion except the opponents penalty area when his unpredictability can be useful.

Hope the Gers do well tonight.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
What are the odds on Arsenal doing a Liverpool and winning the Champions League but finishing outside the top 4 in the Premiership?

Brian

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
You predicted that they would show Man U how to do it, each time you predict something like that we lose :(

oops Sorry....... :eek: no more predictions from me, I must be a jinx :(

Brianwarnock said:
Hope the Gers do well tonight.

Thanks, I'm not confident but hope we can at least put up a good fight. I'll be leaving around 5.30pm.....feeling rather nervous now...!! I did want to take the day off work but my boss is off so that was that, I'll still get to Glasgow in plenty of time though and a few drinks beforehand to calm the nerves and all ;)

Hay

marleyuk

Registered User.
Local time
Come on liverpool! Look for me in the kop, ill be the one with 'How'd you like them apples Manchester' banner :p

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Don't be silly, Rugby's a mans game :cool:

Speaking of Rugby........what was the recent Scotland v England score again......... :p :D

I wasn't going to gloat but when you are scottish and all, we seldom win at anything so had to be done I'm afraid especially after the amount of grief I got from my other half when England won last year and I was in England at the time....oh how the tables were turned on this occasion:D I'm not really a rugby fan to be honest but I did watch it that day seeing it was the big game and all.

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
Speaking of Rugby........what was the recent Scotland v England score again......... :p :D
Hay

Too many injuries in our team, fortunately for you. :p
How did MU get on in the cup final the other day, I didn't get chance to watch the match, I'm guessing it was one sided :cool: :confused:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Too many injuries in our team, fortunately for you. :p

Excuses Excuses, our guys were just too strong for you lot, you couldn't get past our mighty defense :D

Rich said:
How did MU get on in the cup final the other day, I didn't get chance to watch the match, I'm guessing it was one sided :cool: :confused:

I didn't watch it either, didn't really interest me I have to say, I hear you didn't miss very much though, just Man U getting an old tin cup or something :p

Hay

R

Rich

Yes but what was the score that required us to build yet another trophy cabinet Hays ?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Yes but what was the score that required us to build yet another trophy cabinet Hays ?
Another trophy cabinet?

I would have thought a small shelf would suffice:D :p

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

It's funny I don't seem to remember actually :p

Oh yes the scoreline flattered you because the other team lost their first choice goalkeeper after only 15min or so into the game. You hardly need to build another trophy cabinet for one trophy.....all you are really going to win this year aint it :p Still it's not as if I can talk as it's one more trophy than Gers are going to win :( :mad: Ahh not to worry eh...at least I can watch my boys tonight on the box in European action :D Probaly get gubbed and all like but I'm not that silly to pay £700 for a ticket :eek: They reckon the stadium tonight will be full of Rangers fans as the Villareal fans have been getting 2 for the price of 1 at £35 and selling them to Gers fans for £700 each. I'll make do with the telly.......:cool:

Hay

Last edited:
R

Rich

Ah Hays there's no need to hide in shame, we all know the only team from the UK that has any chance in the competition isn't competing this year.
But don't worry we'll be back, anyway at least the Gers got their 4 minutes of fame

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Ah Hays there's no need to hide in shame, we all know the only team from the UK that has any chance in the competition isn't competing this year.
Has Man U put up that little 6" x 6" shelf yet for the only trophy you'll get this year?:p ;)

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Rich said:
But don't worry we'll be back, anyway at least the Gers got their 4 minutes of fame

Now we all know Rich is referring To Manure but they had their chance and as usual blew it, we however are still in it,:) , probably not for much longer as our strikers wouldn't even score at Cheltenham Ladies College.

brian

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:

Hide in shame?? I hold my head high today after the performance my boys put on last night. First half they were oustanding and had Villareal rattled, it was oh so glorious when we took the lead...I hoped we could hang on but we faded in the second half and squandered a good chance near the end. Our keeper made some fantastic saves as well to keep us in it esp the shot from Forlan!

My team did me proud last night Rich, they were not losers - they fought for everything and over the two legs only the away goals rule beat us. The game at ibrox was the one that decided the tie really. We gave away a stupid penalty and their 2nd goal should never have stood as it was clearly offside, however that's football some decisions go for you and some don't. We were fortunate at times ourselves so can't complain. We had the lowest budget squad left in the competition and that in itself is a fine achievment. Alex McLesih doesn't quite deserve the criticism he has received. He has taken a scottish side, "a Rangers side" being tarred as "the worst ever Rangers team" to a level that no other scottish / rangers team has ever gone beofre. I think the guy deserves a bit of credit here. He is a lovely bloke, I've had the pleasure of meeting him. I wish him the best of luck.

Our European Journey may be over, our domestic season was over some time ago but Rangers live on in our hearts :D ;)

Hay

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
Now we all know Rich is referring To Manure but they had their chance and as usual blew it,
brian
No no, we just decided to concentrate on more important matters at home :cool:

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
Our European Journey may be over, our domestic season was over some time ago but Rangers live on in our hearts :D ;)

Hay
they do say love is only true in fairy tales...............

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
they do say love is only true in fairy tales...............

Nah, love exists in reality Rich but only the true supporters can relate to the love and passion for "their team" as opposed to the part time glory hunters who just love seeing the silverware :cool:

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
Nah, love exists in reality Rich but only the true supporters can relate to the love and passion for "their team" as opposed to the part time glory hunters who just love seeing the silverware :cool:

Hay
The Gers, you must be talking about fantasy league football :cool:

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
The Gers, you must be talking about fantasy league football :cool:

Yeah and the Gers sit proudly at the top of the table seeing as I am managing them :D

Interestingly enough this is our work league table and the three Gers fans in the office are 1st, 2nd and 3rd....:p

Hay

Attachments

• FantasyLeagueTable.jpg
    FantasyLeagueTable.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 306

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom