Change data from an specified date (1 Viewer)

mari_hitz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:55
Hi everyone,

Hope you are OK. I have a database with two tables: taskTable and volumeTable. On the task table I have the list of task performed in my team and the time it takes to perform the task related to a category, and on the volume tasks I have the volumes of workload based on the category moth after month. Then I have a query that multiplies the time it takes to perform a task with the volume in the category and returns me results for each month.
Now, if a task changes on march and the time to perform it its reduced or increase I change it on the table, howerver, ALL results for all months. I would like to know if there is a way for the change to be applied from the month it is changed and not retroactively. I do not know if I had explained myself good, but, is this possible?

Example Task Table:
Task Time to Perform Task Category
Buy ticket 5 min Business Visitor
Create profile 10 min Business Visitor

Example Volumes Table:
Month Year Category Volume
March 2014 Business Visitor 39

Thanks!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:55
Sounds like the time to perform a task is tied to a Task which is in a Task table. If that is correct then you need to create a field in the taskTable to hold the time seperate from the Task.

mari_hitz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:55
Hi GinaWhipp,

Thanks for the reply. Note that the field "Time to perform the task" is a field on my task Table. And another field is "Task Name".

Can anyone help me on my question? Thanks!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:55
Hmm, perhaps I did not state that clearly, so let me try again. Do you have a seperate Task table that has times associated with it? What I am trying to understand is how changing one task changes the all of them.

Okay, I reread the question again and see that is the problem, you do not have a third table. You would need a third table with tasks and time to preform them update the other tasks to perform with that number. When the time then changes you could update the third table but since the values for previous months are stored in your initial table they should be fine.

Think of it like and Invoice table with Products with Prices. You store the price today in the Invoice table because when the Price goes up and you create a new Invoice you want to reflect the old price but leave the previously Invoiced Products what they were. Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom