Change formatting of an unbound text field on continuous form (1 Viewer)

Design by Sue

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:18
I have a continuous form with a text field that says "Select". There are two other fields, one of which is Brand. When the Brand Combo box has nothing in it I want the text box to appear (instructing the user to select a Brand) But once the user selects a Brand and goes to the next records, I would like the "Select" in only that record to become not visible. I tried conditional formatting but can't apply that to an unbound control ( or at least it is grayed out when I select the text box) and any other possible solutions I have found changes all of the selects - not only the one in the changed record.

This is new to me so any help appreciated. I searched but can't find the answer.

Sue

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't think the control being unbound is the problem; I've used CF on unbound controls. Is the control a textbox?

Design by Sue

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, the word "Select" is an unbound textbox. When i select it the Conditional Formatting option is not available to me.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Make sure it's a textbox, not a label.

Design by Sue

Registered User.
Local time
Right... well there's my problem! I have been stating my situation incorrectly. It IS a label. So what my question should have been is how can I change a LABEL so it is visible only when the a bound field (a combo box) is blank.

Thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would change it to a textbox and use CF. In a report you could do it with code, but not on a form.

Visible isn't an actual option in CF, but can be achieved by setting the font and back colors the same.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom