Change subform from datasheet so it can be edited (1 Viewer)

ChrisMore

Local time
Today, 08:48
Hi,

I have a form with a subform and would like to change the subform layout from datasheet to tabular without having to redo the whole form, is this possible?

Thanks,
Chris

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:48
Open the form in Design View. What does it look like? Change it however you want. If the wizard built the DS form, all the fields and labels will already be associated in the detail section of the form. If you built the form manually, you might have done it differently.

ChrisMore

Local time
Open the form in Design View. What does it look like? Change it however you want. If the wizard built the DS form, all the fields and labels will already be associated in the detail section of the form. If you built the form manually, you might have done it differently.

What I mean is my subform is datasheet and I would like to edit its appearance. Am I able to change it to a different format so I can edit it?

Thanks,
Chris

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
DS view is not modifyable. If you want a list view, you can have multiple rows of data per record but DS view is ONE row of data with columns across the top, period. I was trying to tell you how to modify what you have but we don't really know what you want to end up with except you said single record view. What happens when you change the setting of the DS form from DS to Single? Does that give you what you want?

ChrisMore

Local time
Hi,

I have attached a couple of images to show you what I would like to achieve.

I would like to change the subform with the yellow background so the shading is similar to the subform with the red background. I used the form wizard to create both but selected Tabular for the red subform and Datasheet for the subform with the yellow background. I have now decided against a datasheet subform and would like to edit it so it has a yellow background, just like how the subform with the red background is shaded.

Is it possible to convert the datasheet subform to a format which is editable to achieve this without having to redo the whole form?

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 1601023141408.png
    1601023141408.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1601023152077.png
    1601023152077.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 95

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:48
just create a Continuous form and add it to the "main form".
make sure that it's Position is in Front (Bring to Front) of the datasheet subform.
set its Visible property to No.

on your code you can set its visible property again to Yes.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Is it possible to convert the datasheet subform to a format which is editable to achieve this without having to redo the whole form?
Access can change the view of a form from single to continuous to data sheet. It does not do this by reformatting the layout so technically the answer to the question is NO. Open the form in design view. It probably looks like a single view form with controls stacked on top of each other. You could manually move the controls around so that it looks however you want it to look but sometimes, it's just easier to let the wizard generate a new form that starts out closer to what you want it to look like. If you have event code, you can copy it from one form to the other as long as you keep the control names identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom