I have some VBA code:

Private Sub Command2_Click()
If Me.TextBoxPassword = "password" Then
DoCmd.RunMacro "Calculations.GoodPW"
Else
DoCmd.RunMacro "Calculations.BadPW"

End If
End Sub

If I wanted to add a Change Password form for the end user, is there a way to do that from what I have?

Thanks
Vito

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:37
Given that it's late at night can I just go "If you need security in your database, don't use Access"?

Accept the limitations of Access and don't P*ss your users off more than pointless audits require.

The sox position is that a network drive containing the access database is sufficient protection on the basis of Active Directory. Past that level of access ask your Boss to ask IT for a SQL Server and see what happens :) Access is inherently insecure, live with it or pay the money.

vito1010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:37
Thanks. I'm not looking for "real security" :)
It's a model database and just wanted to put a little something so if someone other than the studio owner tries to run the database, they'll need a password and get discouraged.

jsdba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:37
Thanks. I'm not looking for "real security" :)
It's a model database and just wanted to put a little something so if someone other than the studio owner tries to run the database, they'll need a password and get discouraged.

Why not create a small pop up form that allow the user to type in a "new password" and create a button on the form that updates the table that contains the password. User permission is Access painstakingly manual.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 11:37
Assuming the other users are not using the studio owner's computer logged in under their windows username, then you could also make use of fOSUsername() so that, when your database/form opens you can check if the user is the studio owner and let the database proceed as normal or perform the following code:

Code:
MsgBox "Bugger off!", vbExclamation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom