changing options and workgroup (1 Viewer)

H

Hammy

Hi,

When you change the otpions and workgroup for an access 2k2 db, do these changes apply to ALL access databases, or only the current database.

I was under the impression it was only for the current db, I turned off warning messages, changed record locking, and joined the db to a new workgroup. However, now all my dbs have the same settings....even new ones when I create them.

Is there a way to make these changes only apply to a specific db?

Thanks,
Hammy

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 05:08
Access your db through a shortcut that loads the particular workgroup that you want. Search under Security for examples of the command line to do so.

Autoeng

H

Hammy

If I load the db through a specified workgroup, will that apply the options set for the workgroup to that database only? I am mostly concerned with the options set from TOOLS>OPTIONS where I have turned off warning messages in edit/delete and set the record locks in advanced. I don't want these same options applying to other dbs and right now they are. If I set them back on the other dbs, then they apply to this db. Chasing my tail.

Hammy

Last edited:

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 05:08
I wouldn't think that Tools-Options would be affected by the workgroup at all nor that it would be general in Access but I would have thought that the particular settings would apply to individual db's. Haven't had a chance to play around with it but you can try moving the particular workgroup that you want to use for the one specific db to another directory, make the shortcut load the workgroup from that directory and see if that is still affecting all of your other db's.

Good luck,
Autoeng

H

Hammy

It does, if I change the otpions under tools>options, they become the default for access. I have changed my forms, reports, etc to have the record locks set at that level. However, I am not sure how to turn off the confirm messages at db level.

Hammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom