Chart for Blood Pressure tracking (1 Viewer)

gbCambridge

Local time
Today, 09:54
Hi,
I am finding it difficult (=impossible) to generate the kind of chart that I need for blood pressure tracking. It is simple to chart Systolic pressure and Diastolic pressure but what I want is a series of bars, running from the Diastolic pressure up to the Systolic pressure, per day. The length of each bar then indicates the difference between the two pressures. So, typically a bar on day 1 would run from 125 down to 80 and on day 2 from 130 to 85 and so on, so a set of bars, showing the pressure differentials
I would be very grateful if anyone can point me to a solution to this problem.
Thank you for the help.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:54
Can you show us a picture of what the chart would look like?

gbCambridge

Local time
Can you show us a picture of what the chart would look like?
Hi,

Yes...attached is a sample that I would like to get to. It comes from Excel...and I have since found that part of this chart is called a Waterfall diagram. The diagram combines BP with diastolic, pulse rate and pulse pressure The diagram is formed in Excel...whether this is (easily) achievable in Access I don't know. But I find his diagram one of the most informative that I have seen in the health-monitoring sector.

Attachments

• BPChart.jpg
    BPChart.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 148

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:54
everything is possible.
see "below" (Similar threads).
download my demo on this thread "Charting?!"
although not exactly what you required, i am just
pointing that it is possible.

if you can post a sample db (+ the excel with
your chart), we can work for you to achieve
your goal.

gbCambridge

Local time
everything is possible.
see "below" (Similar threads).
download my demo on this thread "Charting?!"
although not exactly what you required, i am just
pointing that it is possible.

if you can post a sample db (+ the excel with
your chart), we can work for you to achieve
your goal.
Hi,
Thanks for the offer. The complete Excel for the charts and data collection is attached. (This is a non-commercial download for the spreadsheet). My database can be made to stimulate anything that is used in the Excel...the data manipulation is not the problem at the moment. It is the superimposition of chart information...as in the example I attached above that is the challenge in Access. The charting in Excel seems to be well past that in Access. In particular, the Waterfall chart is not present.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:54
I found this tutorial via Google. It may offer some insight.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:54
this demo will show how to use the chart in excel
in your db.
un-zip all files on "same" folder.
run the db (enable the macro).

Attachments

• Documents.zip
    102 KB · Views: 181

gbCambridge

Local time
in your db.
OK..so I had a small problem running it, but the principle is that you run the chart in Excel. Is that right? If so, when I ship this software to colleagues who don't have Excel or Access I was planning to save it as an ACCDE file. Will this work with the mix of Access and Excel?
BTW, if it does then all my problems have suddenly turned to roses, so thanks a bunch for that.

gbCambridge

Local time
in your db.
Hi,

well, it seems to work, including inside an ACCDE file, providing I have the Excel code in the same folder. But it would mean (I guess) that my users would need to have Excel on their systems before this could work? It seems that Excel has no "save as executable", so I can't use that option.. So near and yet so far.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
It's creating a chart in an Excel spreadsheet. You can only do this if you have Excel installed.
How are they going to read the rest of the Excel data if they don't have Excel installed?
You could simply export that as a PDF object and send that out?

If it had been created entirely in Access, it would be fine.

gbCambridge

Local time
It's creating a chart in an Excel spreadsheet. You can only do this if you have Excel installed.
How are they going to read the rest of the Excel data if they don't have Excel installed?
You could simply export that as a PDF object and send that out?

If it had been created entirely in Access, it would be fine.
Ideally, it would all be in Access...but specifically, Waterfall charts are missing from Access. Whatever alternative I end up with has to be robust, not require extra software beyond its own executable and produce high-quality reports..not pages and pages of separate diagrams. MS really seem to have let Access slide over the last few years..by encouraging Excel to be used when a database would be more effective and reliable...but needs end-users who can understand more than basic spreadsheet needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom