Chart Series Names (1 Viewer)

Supertension

Local time
Today, 00:54
Hi, I have a classic chart in an access form and am trying to get a list of the names of the data series. I've pasted my code below and have marked where get an error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

1693032858977.png

If I happen to know the name of a data series, I can access it. For example, cht.SeriesCollection("DAS2").Border.Color = vbBlue works ok.

The reason I need all the data series names is so that I can make changes such as line colour, line type, line weight, etc based on the occurrence of certain characters and their positions in the series name. I could work everything out without being able to list the names but it will make debugging much simpler as I need to make many dynamic changes to what data I plot.

Thank you.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 15:54
Last edited:

Supertension

Local time
Today, 00:54
I ended up using the series names from the query as you suggest. I have to say I find it strange that it is not possible/obvious to work with series names in Access but at least I have a way ahead now.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:54
I ended up using the series names from the query as you suggest. I have to say I find it strange that it is not possible/obvious to work with series names in Access but at least I have a way ahead now.

It might help to realize that the earlier "MSGRAPH" usage was itself an adaptation of something that has now been rewritten. That is the common way for Microsoft. Absorb and adapt.

Therefore, when you say that it is not obvious as to how to work with ANYTHING in the older graph apps, that reveals nothing new here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom