Check box problem (1 Viewer)

A

Adminc

I have a query based on "type." I have an "attendance" form which uses this query. I then check the boxes for those who attended a meeting. All of a sudden, the form doesn't allow me to check any boxes for records with "entered dates" after 9/1/02. I get the following: "cannot enter value into blank field on 'one' side of outer join." I don't know where to go to fix this. I have also tried to create a new query using exactly the same fields and criteria. I changed the "attendance" form to use this new query. Now the query doesn't show any of the records added after 9/1/02. It also doesn't show any unusable boxes. What do I do????:confused:

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:56
Sounds like the recordsource for your form is a non-updatable recordset. It needs to be updatable, i.e. a table, not a query with one or more joins.

R

Rich

You can have an updateable query with multiple joins, yours sound as if they are incorrect, post the SQL

A

Adminc

Appreciate the responses. I'm not too familiar with some of the terms you're using. What's the SQL? And how do I post it? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom