Check (1 Viewer)

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:00
I was wondering if someone could would be so kind and take a look at my database... I have been working on this database for a long time now and when I think that I have a good product and I try to add a usefool tool like a subform to my form or adjust my relationships it all breaks down and I'm not so sure what I'm doing wrong. If you agree to review and advise I will attach, I hope I find someone.

Thank you!!!!!!

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
how do I make it smaller, I need 2.00 and I can only zipit to 4.94 in order to attach it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:00
Delete out all but a few rows of data from each table. Compact & Repair. Delete all forms and reports.

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
thank you so much for taking the time... :)

Attachments

• RCD Employee DBtcopytochange.zip
    202.3 KB · Views: 64

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:00
Alot of us here do not have Access 2007 or 2010 so we can't open files in .accdb format. You will get more responses if you can save the DB in .mdb format.

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, well maybe I won’t do that... It won’t let me save it to an earlier version :(... any suggestions?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 15:00
Worse than that, the file you did upload won't open for me. Something about corrupted zip file.

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Today, 23:00
Hello Guys,
I opened the database and Checked, actually I don't like the way the relationship is made, I tried to convert the database to an older version but I couldn't because it is using features which will not run on earlier versions of Accesss, but what I did I attached a snapshot of the RelationShip snapshots maybe you guys can review and advise if its me I will do create the relationship in different way but every programer has his own way and his needs to create his workflow proccess and relationships.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 54

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much for reviewing, I want to be able to add a subform to the attendance tab in the frmEmployeeDetail. I want to be able to see all the dates for that employee but everytime I do it wont let me and when I go to view the form it goes blank on me. No sure what I'm doing wrong, any assistance that you can give would be so appreciated, my boss has been waiting for me to finish this project and cant afford to take a class...

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
River as for me I told you the way you created your relationship between tables won't allow you to modify it, and also you don't need classes here there is a lot of expert people who can help and provide samples but they need to know what you would need exactly for me I my only solution is to create the tables and create the relationship again in a better way which would allow you to edit your database in all cases I will try tomorrow to download again your database and try with it if I can save I in earlier version for oaths to help if I couldn't

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
Khodr, I thank you and appreciate you lending your knowledge and expertise to me and I did make your recommended changes to my relationship, that I am so greatful to you for giving me. I still have some issues that I still can’t iron out, I want to be able to add a subform to the attendance tab in the frmEmployeeDetail and enter dates. Thank you for your time, you can’t even imagine how much your help means to me!

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
Well I forgot the structure of your database I am replying now from my iPad I will open it tomorrow and see how I can sort it out for you

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
I have uploaded it again to see if this is better...

Attachments

• RCDdb.mdb.zip
    212.7 KB · Views: 51

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
Well I forgot the structure of your database I am replying now from my iPad I will open it tomorrow and see how I can sort it out for you

Thank you again for your willingness to assist me, I downloaded the DB again to see if you can open now. Just let me know. Thanks!

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
hello river would you please fill some sample data in your employee details table and tell which table or form you want to insert as a sub form in your frnEmployeeDetails, be noted that the subform should be related to the EmployeeDetails table.

riverstar5

Registered User.
Local time
In my FrmEmployeeDetail I have a Time & Attendance Tab and in the that tab I would like to add TbltimeAttendance and TblKronos. I don't know what happened to my FrmEmployeeDetail but when I click view form it is blank, I don't see any fields but I see the fields when I'm in Design View. :banghead: I need help. I spent so much time designing this from scratch and now is falling apart and I can't figure out why so that I can fix it..

khodr

Experts still Learn
Local time
River,
I went through your database, and it is really tough to be fixed, the relationship has been created in a way which is not really able to be fixed or repaired you need to delete all tables data and delete the realtion ships add some extra fields to the tables and link your One-to-Many relation in the correct way, for me rebuilding your database is better than fixing it which would take long long time, I don't know also if some other users in the Forum can provide some help, or else you really need to rebuild it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom