Choosing people to reference (1 Viewer)

callumwatson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:58
I have a database that is used to hold details about enquiries that people make to our company for work to be carried out. I have three main tables:- Enquiry (holds enquiry details such as date, subject, client name), Client (which holds info about who the work is for) and Person (which holds details about any person associated with an enquiry). I also have a table called Person/Enquiry which breaks up the many-to-many relationship that exists between Person and Enquiry. This is that a person can be associated with many different enquiries at once and there can be many people associated with a single enquiry. Anyway, my problem is that I have a subform on my enquiry form which displays people associated with enquiries. I want to let my user select an individual already in the database, however each person has a number as their primary key. Is there any other way to allow selection and possible editing of the persons details in a more user friendly manner? I thought about being able to choose using both 'forename' and 'surname' combined perhaps along with say 'workplace'. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or I am just stuck with my 'bad design'?

dhoffman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:58
Your problem is that for the user to select a particular client, they must select the ID number? Is that right? Try this, make sure the field that displays the ID# is a drop down box. IF not, go to FOrmat->ChangeTO->ComboBox. Then under the data properties of the field, set the Row Source Type to Table/Query and then for the Row Source make a query that selects the username.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom