Solved chrome "show home button" (setting) location in cache (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 18:06
does anyone know what actual *file* this data is in? I wrote a VBS script that runs via script host that gets rid of all google's junk that it puts on the machine when transacting on the web. I got rid of everything that is problem data. here is a partial of the script:
SQL:
on error resume next

Dim FSO, Folder
set FSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

For Each f In FSO.GetFolder("C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default").Files
   If FSO.FileExists(f) Then
      if f.name<>"Bookmarks" and f.name<>"Preferences" and f.name<>"Login Data" then
         FSO.DeleteFile f
      end if
   end if
next

msgbox "All tracking data in chrome has been deleted!"
there is more to the code that actually deletes folders too. The stuff I'm actually *keeping*, as shown above, is obviously needed, as you can tell by its name, but I can't find any file in the root cache dir or any file in any subdir either that indicate by its name that's where the settings are stored. I'm only looking for 1 particular setting though, and that is the show the home button on the address bar option. I think I'm keeping the right folders and files though, because most of the other settings are kept in tact after I run this script. So there must be different storage locales for different settings. Anyone know where this particular one is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom