CITRIX - Applications (1 Viewer)

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:19
I currently have my Access database split into FE/BE. The BE is on a network shared folder while the FE gets copied locally onto users' CITRIX documents folder.

This so far works nicely. However recently our IT vendor showed me the "Applications" function of CITRIX whereby instead of launching the full desktop it is possible to launch the Access application.

I really like this feature as this would mean I don't have to support non-CITRIX users (just ask them to launch the app)

However this would mean instead of copying the FE locally users will now open instances of the same file on the shared folder. Connection from CITRIX to the shared folder is very good as they are virtually next to each other in the server room. Shared folder is hosted on a Server 2012 (virtual).

Thinking about it there shouldn't be a big different as the BE is opened the same way too but just want to make sure before proceeding.

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Actually it could impact how I update my apps. Currently I just overwrite the FE file on the shared folder.

There is a switchboard app which first checks local version and server version and copy over if needed.

If the Citrix applications launches the FE on the server I can't update/overwrite FE unless everyone is logged off...

winshent

Registered User.
Local time
Have you had any issues with file locking issues, maybe caused byuser sessions not being closed properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom