Class Object use and workflow (1 Viewer)

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:29
Frothingslosh, your criticism about Autonumber fields is valid. As I said, it was a quick and dirty solution to tediously adding the Get/Let properties mainly when I started experimenting with Class modules in around 2000.

As to having the text file output being saved in unique folders, and using vba to create the class by importing the text files, keep in mind it is a one off process for the main tables in an application.

JDraw, I suggest you start dabbling with class modules because once you get the hang of it, I think you will see positive impact on your development times. As to speed comparison with dLookup, I've not tested it but I'd expect the class module would be slower. But having read the record's field values into the class variables, the class object can be passed to different routines so one class read as opposed to multiple dLookups.

Once you get used to a class object based on a single table, it's easy to extend it to have a class object containing a collection of other objects. For example, I developed a training database where the course object contained a collection of student class objects.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:29
Agreed. I'm retired so no development other than a few things in response to posters.
If you have any links, sample code, videos... I recommend you put then in the OOP thread.
Thanks for the update.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:29
Personally, I use classes all the time. I was curious about the time comparison because the tables I use tend to have millions of records; therefore things like that become important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom