Clear fields and auto forward (1 Viewer)

mateogp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:23
I have three questions, both im sure are easy just overlooking something.

1) I have a search form where you type the search parameters into 3 fields, and then your click search. I want the fields to automatically clear after the search button is clicked (but enough time for the query to get the info from the fields).

2) A combo box is used to select the marketing type, when first clicked.. a dialog box comes up and gives the user instructions for the next blank. After the field is changed to the right selection, i need it to automaticcaly forward to the next box.

3) I need to use a text box to sure information. The table records only 1 line of text, does that mean you cant have 2-3 lines? Really just 1 line wrapped in the window?

Thanks in advance!!

Mateo

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:23
1) I have a search form where you type the search parameters into 3 fields, and then your click search. I want the fields to automatically clear after the search button is clicked (but enough time for the query to get the info from the fields).
How about using invisible TextBoxes for the search query and fill them on the AfterUpdate event of the Visible TextBox and clear the Visible TextBox when you push the search button?
2) A combo box is used to select the marketing type, when first clicked.. a dialog box comes up and gives the user instructions for the next blank. After the field is changed to the right selection, i need it to automaticcaly forward to the next box.
Put a SetFocus to the next box in the AfterUpdate event of the cbo.
3) I need to use a text box to sure information. The table records only 1 line of text, does that mean you cant have 2-3 lines? Really just 1 line wrapped in the window?
A text field can hold up to 255 characters and a memo field can hold 64K characters. You can have as many "lines" as you desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom