Click on Report form and it goes blank (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:57
I have a TAB menu across the top of my screen and subforms under each tab. I have one TAB that has a Report as the source. In form view the report is displayed as it should be, but when I anywhere on the report it goes blank.

I click back on the TAB and it returns but if I click on it again it goes blank.

Any help would be much appreciated

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:57
Do you have any code to run/execute when you click on the report? Are you able to post a demo version of your db to show us the problem in action?

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for replying theDbGuy

There is no code to execute if you just click on the screen, but even if I click on one of the buttons or links the same thing happens.

Sending an abridged version of the database will take some time to organise because the project is very large.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
If you can post a copy, we might be able to tell right away what is wrong. Otherwise, we could be guessing here for a while.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:57
Are we talking about a Tab control with pages or a navigation form with "tabs"? I wish M$ had called them something else. Between tab control, tabs on nav forms, tabbed form view - no wonder I can't make sense of many such references.
Here's a shot in the dark - it's a tab control but one or more objects weren't added correctly, so it/they are actually on the form and not the tab control page. That's why something disappears.

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Micron,

I will have a go at that after closing tonight(exclusive use after 6.00pm)

So to see if I understand you. I have not placed the report in the container under the TAB. In form view when I click on the TAB the report opens with all information but as soon as I click on it it goes blank because I'm activation the container that has nothing in it. Is that right?

It sounds logical to me

Thanks

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:57
I don't know - I'm speculating. you didn't explain what you mean by 'tab' so I'm none the wiser.

If you cannot edit design whenever you want that implies that either the db is not split, or it is an everyone is sharing the same front end. Either of those situations is a recipe for db corruption.

EDIT - as for a posting a version, I would think that all you'd need to do is create a new db and import the form(s), tables and queries that are relevant to this issue. Should only take 3 to 5 minutes?

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks to everyone that had a suggestion, much appreciated

My problem was that the source file was corrupt - as simple as that

Thank you again

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks to everyone that had a suggestion, much appreciated

My problem was that the source file was corrupt - as simple as that

Thank you again
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom