Closing database problem (1 Viewer)

monfas

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:36
Hi all, Just having an annoying problem and have no idea what it can be...:banghead:

I have a log in form, where the user logs into the database. After logging in, this form is minimized not to be seen again.

This form has the user credentials and user name, that give permission to different forms and provide the user name to leave a user log in some of the data tables.

I have also a main navigation form, that is maximized and gives access to all other forms.

It happens, after I disable the "Navigation pane", that when I close the database I get an error - saying that the database can't find the referenced Log in form.

My close button (and onclose event) trigger a function to log the time of log out in a logs table.

The strange thing is that this works fine before I disable the "Navigation pane", and gives ther error afterwards, even if I enable the naviagation pane again.

I've tried to import the front end to a another database, compact and repair, etc... and can't.

It's annoying because everytime it closes the database this error comes out.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

monfas

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:36
I kind of solved the problem by writing some code in the "close database button" ensuring the main form closes before the database (probably happened that it closed the log in form and then the main form), and by building a trap for the error.

but have no idea of what is going on there.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 22:36
Possible problems:

1. Somewhere along the lines you might have closed the Login Form. Solution, go to the VBA window, Press CTRL+F, select to search Current Project and then look for all DoCmd.Close..

2. Your On Close/On Unload of the Navigation Form you are referring to the Login Form that might be misspelled. Check that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom