Collect and Update Data via E-Mail (1 Viewer)

TJBernard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:20
Hello,

I have a database in which I am trying to update the MS Access table with data from MS Outlook. There is a new feature in MS Access 2007 that allows this by right clicking on the table and selecting "Collect and Update Data via E-mail".

I am just wondering if anyone has had success with this.

My question is actually, is there some kind of trick to this? I have tested this out, and it worked just fine. I would compile the e-mail using the wizard in MS Access, and MS Outlook would send the e-mail to my recipients. They would fill in the HTML form on the e-mail with the correct data, return the e-mail to me, and rather than receiving a e-mail in my Inbox, I get a new record updated in the table.

Great, just what I need.

But recently the e-mails have not been updating the table, and instead are just going to my Inbox. I am not sure why some of the e-mails update the table and some just go to my Inbox and do not update the table. Do I need to leave my MS Outlook and MS Access database open at all times, over night, so the connection remains?

I did find an option under my right click menu in MS Outlook that allows me to Export the data to MS Access. So at least I can still import the data, one record at a time. But if I do this again with 200 e-mails and none of them update my table, I would not want to have to go through and update each e-mail one at a time.

I am just trying to find a logical reason for why the e-mails didn't update my database in all instances.

Thank you,

T.J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom