comb lists in tables (1 Viewer)

L

liz-helyer

Help!

I am trying to help my Mum create a database for a project she is working on and I’m a bit stuck!

We have 3 tables
Schools (school name as the primary field)
Teachers (Teacher name as the primary field)
Students (Student number as the primary field)

I have a lookup for the school on the teachers table that works fine. The Students table contains a lookups for the school and teacher but why do I get a list of all the teachers on the teacher look up when I have already specified the school. Is there anyway of just getting the teachers that relate to the selected school?

Please help if you can as it is driving me mad!

Liz
:confused:

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:31
I do not know what version of Access you are using but Access97 has a Students and Classes sample database that might be of use to you. I tried to find it at the MS site but no luck. If you want a copy let me know and I will email it to you.

hth,
Jack

L

liz-helyer

Thanks Jack

I am using 97 so I'll have a look and see how they have done it.

Liz

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Or you can use cascading ComboBoxes. Select the school in the first one and then the teachers belonging to that school in the second one.

Col
:cool:

L

liz-helyer

Thanks Colin

That sounds even easier from the user point of view. I'll have a look later today and see how they work.

Liz

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Do a search for "cascading ComboBoxes" - its been discussed loads of times with examples.

Good luck

Col
:cool:

L

liz-helyer

Thanks Colin

I think half the battle with both the help fuction and forums is knowing what things are called in order to search for them.

Liz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom