Seeking a favor on behalf of my granddaughter (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:14
Do you know what a coon-ass REALLY is? It is actually an innocent word that has just undergone a bit of linguistic drift. But that concept might be more than she can handle. She looks really cute in her pictures but also a bit young.

The Cajun term "coon-ass" is a linguistic corruption of the French word "connaisance" - which simply means "acquaintance" or "one of my homies." Like so many OTHER long words, the Cajuns butchered it (sorry, meant "shortened it") to drop one syllable - in this case "...ance" - from the end. But then again, "Cajun" is itself another example of linguistic drift from "Acadian" - naming an area in Nova Scotia, Canada. It was once pronounced "Ah-Kay-Dee-An", but it mutated so that it sounded like "occasion" and then - just to be different - the Cajuns dropped the FRONT vowel from that word. They are a lovely people but sometimes harder than heck to understand.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, then let's discuss something else. When Chloe gets her cards, try to find out how many she got. I'm kind of curious because I just KNOW she's going to have cards from some places she's never heard about.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:14
They are starting to roll in...you guys are the best! She gets excited every morning when they announce who got a card and where they are from.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well, whichever one of you is from Sleaford, your card has a few ladies at Bright Beginnings gushing and blushing...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:14
Oh man, now you gotta share with the rest of us! ;)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Ok, just know they are all rolling in. Paul, yours showed up yesterday but I haven't seen it yet. Chloe and I were going to wait and then sau thank you at one time.

This one, however, had the head lady (Hope) crying and she took pictures of all 4 sides. I will share 3 of them because the last one gives it away. Let's see if anyone can guess...
received_905073491343013.jpeg
received_360765073562357.jpeg
received_709528364314177.jpeg

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
No way, Nevada to them is just as distant and exotic as any where else..

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:14
I meant the quality of the product, not the location of the source. :p

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:14
Perhaps the one I sent has not arrived yet. But signing off tonight for a couple of weeks in the sun. Perhaps login via phone whilst waiting for my next rum😎

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Mine will have a note in it explaining the name of my community. It will also tell Chloe to ask if you know me.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@NauticalGent

So, now that it is Valentine's day, what is the card tally for that adorable little munchkin of yours? My wife and I discussed your card initiative over supper and we are both a bit curious.

People celebrate Valentine's Day differently everywhere, I'm sure. Our diets don't allow indulgences in too much chocolate (though there IS the philosophical question, "Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH chocolate?") So instead of chocolate, she fixed a special Valentine's dinner for me, which is HER way of expressing love - shrimp and crawfish etoufee' - which, for the unfamiliar, is a Cajun style medium-thick seafood stew served over rice. My way to show love was to give her free reign in the Bath & Body Works store so she could get some floral lotions. She bought a big bag of assorted rose-scented bath gel, hand cream, and shampoo. We're a bit too old to worry about other expressions of love. We just sit and cuddle while watching TV these days - a simple and yet effective way to calm down after a hectic day.

So... what's the verdict, NG? Did the project work out well?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
o... what's the verdict, NG? Did the project work out well?
A resounding success, thanks to everyone. I am going to give some metrics and demographics once the staff has done their finale - stayed tuned SportsFans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom