Seeking a favor on behalf of my granddaughter (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:09
Good morning AWF! This is from my granddaughter's school's FaceBook page:

Dear Friends & Families,
Our school is participating in a project called “Hearts Across the World.” Our goal is to get a valentine from each of the fifty states and as many countries as possible. We have a map of the United States and of the world, and as we get a valentine, we will place a big heart sticker on our school map from the state or country from which it is sent from.
In order for this project to be successful, we need your help.
Please send our school a valentine card or postcard from your state or country. We will be eagerly waiting for your valentine!
Please send them early so they will arrive before February 14th.
Our school address is:

Chole Ramey <=== so she gets the credit!
BBLC
P O Box 3614
Petersburg Va 23805

❤️
❤️
Thank you so much for your help with our school project! Sharing this post with those you may know from different parts of the world will help!
❤️
❤️

If you have some time to spare (and the means to pay the postage!), would you consider participating and earn our undying gratitude?

Who can say no to this face?
1704892769555.png

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:09
I'll put it on my to-do list on my keep notes. No trouble if they're sent early like now right?

I'm curious how well the honor system works with a bunch of competitive parents. Maybe you could do a 'matching program' - i send one, you add 50 LOL

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm curious how well the honor system works with a bunch of competitive parents. Maybe you could do a 'matching program'
Going for the quality over quantity thing. Besides the many states we have represented here, she could potentially get cards from, but not limited to, the UK, Germany, Australia, The Netherlands, India and Japan. I'll bet dollars to donuts that no one else can top that!

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:09
I'm in too. But I've never sent a post card to a another country. I went to buy one but the person in charge asked me if I need an envelope too.
Should it be in an envelope?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I'm in too. But I've never sent a post card to a another country. I went to buy one but the person in charge asked me if I need an envelope too.
Yes sir, and thank you so much! The school will be very excited to get one from Japan!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:09
Post cards usually have a place for a stamp, no envelope needed.

I'm in also.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
It came to my attention that I misspelled my own granddaughter's name...jeez. It is Chloe, not Chole. Also, someone made it know to me that not everyone celebrates this so here is a graphic you can print out and sign...

1705435440114.png

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:09
It came to my attention that I misspelled my own granddaughter's name...jeez. It is Chloe, not Chole.
Too late. Sent it the other day. Hope in school they think it's my mistake, not the one who asked for it :)

Also, someone made it know to me that not everyone celebrates this so here is a graphic you can print out and sign...
Wish you had posted that sooner. Here, Valentine is only between grown ups and lovers. Kids are out of it and don't care. So I couldn't find anything related to Valentine for a kid and had to send something normal. I simply thought something is better than nothing.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
She will be the only kid with a card from outside the US, she is going to be complety shocked! Hardest part is going to explaining where all these others countries are. Good thing I have a huge globe in my office...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:09
Sent her a card with a kitten and flowers. There was a note inside telling her you know me as "The_Doc_Man" - so if you get questioned about it, now you know. If she wants to know where I am living now, get on the weather channel and put up zip code 70006, which will show her the general area. Strictly suburban, as the city of New Orleans is five miles east of me. And maybe a little to the south.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Sent her a card with a kitten and flowers. There was a note inside telling her you know me as "The_Doc_Man" - so if you get questioned about it, now you know. If she wants to know where I am living now, get on the weather channel and put up zip code 70006, which will show her the general area. Strictly suburban, as the city of New Orleans is five miles east of me. And maybe a little to the south.
Awesome, now I will have to explain to her what a "coon-ass" is...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom