Combine Subquery (1 Viewer)

xdenama

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:17
I have a Query "MPFinal" like this,
SELECT ResultMP.MP, ResultMP.Year, Sum(ResultMP.[A+]) AS [A+], Sum(ResultMP.A) AS A, Sum(ResultMP.[A-]) AS [A-], ([A]+2*[A-])/([A+]+[A]+[A-])AS GPS
FROM ResultMP
GROUP BY ResultMP.MP, ResultMP.Year;
How to combine this statement in to one query,
(SELECT top 1 Dupe.GPS FROM [MPFinal] AS Dupe
WHERE Dupe.MP = [MPFinal].MP AND Dupe.Year < [MPFinal].Year ORDER BY Dupe.MP, Dupe.Tahun DESC ) AS GPMP
Thks.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:17
First thing I would recommend is getting the special characters out of the field names. They make it confusing to read. Display names should be applied in the report or form.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:17
My interpretation of your question is that you want to insert the second SQL statement into the first SQL statement at the point "AS GPMP" but I can't see that in the first SQL statement?

xdenama

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:17
My interpretation of your question is that you want to insert the second SQL statement into the first SQL statement at the point "AS GPMP" but I can't see that in the first SQL statement?

As for now, I have to make two queries to display "AS GPMP". The first query only showed the "GPS" result. From the GPS calculation, I have to make another query in order to display "AS GPMP". Is there any alternative way which only involve one query to display "AS GPMP"?
I have tried my best to insert the second SQL statement into the first SQL statement but i failed.
([A]+2*[A-])/([A+]+[A]+[A-])AS GPS
This is the first SQL statement which display the "GPS" result.

(SELECT top 1 Dupe.GPS FROM [MPFinal] AS Dupe
WHERE Dupe.MP = [MPFinal].MP AND Dupe.Year < [MPFinal].Year ORDER BY Dupe.MP, Dupe.Tahun DESC ) AS GPMP
The "GPS" result is used to display " AS GPMP" result. I hope anyone can help me solve the problem. I really appreciate for your greatest help. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom