Combining Hlookup with Vlookup in same formula (1 Viewer)

laxster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Hello all,

I've been struggling with finding a solution to this problem. I have the individual pieces correct, but when I try to combine them I have issues.

Currently I have 2 sheets. 1 is an entry sheet in which a plant operator would indicate if bins are empty, hung, or have non-flowable inventory. These are just records in cells.

We have another "Journal" sheet, which simply uses vlookups to reflect the bin situation over the course of a year. The bin number is listed along the left, the month along the top, which forms a grid.

Here's the formula used:
Code:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP("Bin"&$A5&"Month"&F$3,Entry!$Q:$S,3,FALSE)),VLOOKUP("Bin"&$A5&"Month"&F$3,Entry!$A:$S,19,FALSE),"Empty")

However, I also need the sheet to evaluate itself for HANGS. If there's a hang, in say, February, I need that HANG to continue forwards to whatever the current month is, unless a different condition interrupts that (IE: a bin gets an empty). I created an hlookup
Code:
=HLOOKUP("Hang",E5:P5,1,FALSE)
to do this for me, but I'm not sure how to combine this formula and the formula above together so they work properly.

Am I going about this the right way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom