Combo Box Display Size vs Field Size (1 Viewer)

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:35
I have a ticket form created where the tech enters the callers name and phone number each in their own field. [FacilityPOC] & [POCPhoneNumber]

What I would like to do is change the name field to a combo box so they can select it to see a previous list of names and numbers to select from, or if it doesn't exist, they can just enter it.

I have this setup and working correctly so when a name is selected from the list, it is populated in the [FacilityPOC] field and their Phone Number is populated into the [POCPhoneNumber] field, however I was wondering if it was possible to set the [FacilityPOC] field size to a specific size, but when the tech clicks on the combo box, it would auto expand to the widest column to include both fields from the query.

Currently, due to the field size, I am getting the number cut off (See Attached). I would rather not increase the field size if possible as it is only used to display the name, however the drop down shows both the name and number.

If I increase the column sizes of the combo box, I get my desired results, but the user has to scroll to see their phone number.

I guess what I am looking for would be an auto expand to see the combo box results, but then an auto shrink after the selection is made to go back to its original size.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 96

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
Hi. Try increasing the List Width size instead of Auto.

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:35
Exactly what I was looking for !!

Thanks again !!!

I have another issue with the combo box results, but i'll start a new thread on that since this one is resolved..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
Exactly what I was looking for !!

Thanks again !!!

I have another issue with the combo box results, but i'll start a new thread on that since this one is resolved..
Hi. You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom