Combo Box Requery only works the first time? (1 Viewer)

itchy

Utterly confused since...
Local time
Today, 17:30
I have a combo box on a form that displays company names (data comes from a query). The form contains a subform that has another combo box with contact names (also from the same query). I have set up the query to get the parameter for the company name from the first combo box, the afterupdate of this combo box runs a requery to produce the names for the second combo box. The problem is this, if you select a company from the drop down list and then go to the contact name list, the correct names are listed. However, if you do not select any names (assume you have chosen the wrong company and did not find the name you were looking for) and then return to the company name combo box and select a different company, the second combo box (contact names) is not updated. Do I have to place a requery statement in any of the other events in the first combo box?

itchy

Utterly confused since...
Local time
Today, 17:30
Nope. Tried it, it does the same thing. I'm really stumped on this one! Thanks anyway!

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:30
I'd leave everything in the after update of the first combo box.

Have you tried putting a me.repaint after the requery for your second combo box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom